• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana regeneration set to zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello. I'm making a hero that's gaining mana every time he kills a unit, and I want this to be the only way for him to gain mana.
So no +mana from: pots, auras etc.

The 'getting mana for every kill' is no problem to make, but I can't even figure out how to begin at the next part.

-Zero mana regeneration from all sources.
-Still have a base mana and be able to gain mana from the mana-kill trigger.

Level 14
You're triggering the mana gain -> You can determine how much mana the hero should have.
Use a timer to keep setting a unit's mana to the correct value determined by your kill trigger.
The harder part is setting the unit's mana to the correct value when a unit casts a spell since you'll need to reduce that value by the mana cost of the spell.

The triggering for this solution would end being pretty complicated in GUI (If you want this to be MUI) and since I'm not great with GUI, I can't provide a trigger that would work properly.

Level 14
I think Anachron's method is much easier than the one I said. (Which is basically the same as DarkAngelAzazel's)
I just needed to know, what ability are you thinking of that would give the negative mana regeneration?
Will this method also work if the hero was affected by an aura/item that gave it bonus mana regeneration?

Status
Not open for further replies.