• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MammothRavager

Massive Mammoth on 2 foots, Wielding BIG Mace with spikes.
Give credits when used and do not modify without my permission.

ChangeLog:
1.01 - Remaked WRAP, Reduced Filesize
1.02 - Updated model so it works ... soory people and thanks to Marcos DAB

Keywords:
Mammoth, Ravager, Barbarian, Northend, Bob marley, DnB, metal
Contents

MammothRavager (Model)

MammothRavager (Model)

Reviews
There are some wrap issues on the arms and legs and on the metal part of the weapon. Also, the quality of the quiver is pretty bad. You should make it look better or remove it. DonDustin: looks good now. Creative concept

M

There are some wrap issues on the arms and legs and on the metal part of the weapon.
Also, the quality of the quiver is pretty bad. You should make it look better or remove it.

DonDustin: looks good now. Creative concept

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I could imagine a small tribe of these guys (need a few different types) wandering a frozen wasteland in some sort of map.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
doesnt work! god its perfect for what i need and it doesnt work! please fix it right away!

Level 14
doesnt work! god its perfect for what i need and it doesnt work! please fix it right away!

Doesn't work? fix it right away? why do people instantly blame the author even though it's them who are wrong... check again... be sure to change Model file,not any other editable object,if it doesn't...then you have the authority to say such things

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Doesn't work? fix it right away? why do people instantly blame the author even though it's them who are wrong... check again... be sure to change Model file,not any other editable object,if it doesn't...then you have the authority to say such things

i probably blame the author because like 4 people including the author said the same thing. As soon as i launch the editor it has fatal error and quits the program... this is same thing other people said and that the author said he had to fix... thats why i blame the author. Does that give me the "authority?" Don't assume i haven' tried the model...

And i'm not exactly blaming more of asking him to fix it because it looks awesome!

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

It can prove to be a more universal model with the classic Mountain Giant's concepts of attack:

1. Bare hands
2. War club

The "Big mace with spikes" is contradicting and distorting the crude primitivity and intelectual simplicity that the Mammoth Ravager is to represent, therefore greatly decreasing its meant and expected potential.

This also applies to a thing on the back of the creature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
It can prove to be a more universal model with the classic Mountain Giant's concepts of attack:

1. Bare hands
2. War club

The "Big mace with spikes" is contradicting and distorting the crude primitivity and intelectual simplicity that the Mammoth Ravager is to represent, therefore greatly decreasing its meant and expected potential.

This also applies to a thing on the back of the creature.

Why he just can´t kill something intelectual and big, and take his badass mace?

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Why he just can´t kill something intelectual and big, and take his badass mace?

Certainly, but I suggest that it can be a more versatile model if it retains the concept of the Mountain Giant.

The mace it is wielding conceptually belongs to species of different genre of craftmanship, representing and reflecting their very culture, for instance: Dwarves, Humans, perhaps the Undead. That is the reason why I refered to contrasting effects.

Allow me to be practical:

Longer time ago, I was looking for a model that would represent Giants in Northrend. I found this model of yours and my demand was indeed greatly satisfied.

However, as resembling to lumbering brutes that simply wander or reside in the barren corners of Northrend with a highest expression of their artristic skills (demonstrating limited intelect in savagery) in decoration of themselves with objects of straightforward meaning (bone decorations = I am deadly) of natural origin, a capacity to elaborate a such device as is the mace provided contradicts this concept and the very idea.

Some may justify the idea by stating, that he may found the weapon, however, that concept should be reserved for the individualistic model. If this model is to be used in numbers, this will cause a conceptual conflict.

From my position: In order to make this model more useful or usable, I suggest at least incorporation of the more neutral fighting capacities, as used in the case of Mountain Giant. Additionally, this should provide an universal basis for a further model developement (attachments and other individual modifications), but mostly a more universal model, if the author meant it to be so.

To be redeeming: I state this because I deeply appreciate this model and would like to see it processed to its full potential.

Addendum: "This also applies to the thing on the back of the creature."

Last edited by a moderator: