• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making towers face their target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
heres what ive donein my many attempts(most done before this thread):

made a tower based on the ancient protector

unchecked true for is it a building-stat

gave it a unit speed at a speed value of 1 (big mistake now it tries to chase down targets)

made it movement type float,air(units walked under it and it didnt work),hover.

Level 2
ya i did the rifle man is aiming straight down but his shot goes where ever hes really targeting

is there a simple trigger that could be easily implemented without creating to much lag when it starts turning a bunch of guys simultaneously?

Level 7
christarose said:
ya i did the rifle man is aiming straight down but his shot goes where ever hes really targeting

is there a simple trigger that could be easily implemented without creating to much lag when it starts turning a bunch of guys simultaneously?

triggers can't make buildings turn

but u could use a trigger to replace the building with a unit version of it that has no movement speed

note i don't know what would happen or if it would work, i've only done this to make buildable walls auto-align themselves

Level 3
I dunno if this will work but try this

Event: A unit comes within range of X
Conditions:
Action: Make (Triggering Unit) Face (Entering Unit) over 0.00 seconds.

I dont know if that will move buildings. If it doesnt work then try Raptor--'s Idea.

Rad

Rad

Level 5
christarose said:
heres what ive donein my many attempts(most done before this thread):

made a tower based on the ancient protector

unchecked true for is it a building-stat

gave it a unit speed at a speed value of 1 (big mistake now it tries to chase down targets)

made it movement type float,air(units walked under it and it didnt work),hover.

when you gave it movement speed of 1.. try 0 and go to gameplay constants and change minimum movement speed to 0 cause i think its like 25 and u cant have lower, also i didnt finish readin the posts but ive used triggers to turn gates (but pathing doesnt rotate so use a perfect square) im not sure if its only a WEU trigger but i doubt it... it rotates a unit by degrees (for some reason i put 0 yet it was slightly slanted -.=)

but yeah just make it a unit, castle builder has a flame pit and spike trap, those are actually units and they cant move!

Level 13
actually i think that a turret-tower (like those in SWGB) would be cooler. you can just use triggers to automatically place a rifleman when you build a certain building, or use a goblin zepplin to put him on something. you probobly wont need a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.