• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making campaign called X, after the main character. Last topic dissapeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When the site fucking logged me off. And aso this is not the one I need the skins for, I need them for a future project. Anyway, X is like the Frozen Throne Orc campaign, but much larger in scale, and with more features, like a keyboard arrow movemen system for instance. The story focuses on an orphan, who was raised by the leader of a small warrior village, an old former warrior named Alexander. It starts on the orphans 20th birthday, the sky is red, a fell wind is blowing(all an ominous omen), and Alexanders actual son, Rosencratz, is nowhere to be found. when he was going to be told his name (don't ask how he got along without a name, I'll leave that to your imagination. Does EVERYTHING have to make sense?). But before that happens, a portal opens and, led by Fortinbras, the fiends(basically demons) emerge and, immune to any mortal weapon, slaughter the entire vllage, down to the last woman and child, and devour the corpses of them all. However, Alex. and the orphan escape on horseback and, afer explaining to the orphan about him being an orphan and his parents coming with, besides mortal wounds, emblems with the mark of the Slayers, a now extinct order of knights who used large enchanted runeblades to slay fiends and then giving him the Fiend Slayer, an old, yet well made and razor-sharp 6 ft. runeblade with powerful fiend banishing enchantments and incapable of rust, that only a fiend slayer can wield, gives his life destroying the bridge he's on to give the orphan a window of opportunity to escape on a ship, bound for Freeport. And the orphan, taking the name X(X signifies an unknown, like Malcolm X for instance.) Vows to slay Fortinbras and avenge the Sakal and the Fiend Slayers...

Anything else you'd like to know?

Level 4
I'll just also mention the characters who join your party, and the main character.

X: The main character, quiet, taciturn and seems cold, but fearless, and loyal to his allies. Wields the Fiend Slayer, an enormous, razor sharp, yet very old runeblade with powerful fiend slaying enchantments.

Ilfana: A mysterious elf girl of exceptional beauty, although no one, not even Ilfana herself, knows what sub-species of elf she is, she is also strong willed, yet compassonate and understanding, but by no means soft, well, not emotionally or mentally anyway (don't worry, I'm not putting pr0n in the campaign). Ilfana has prophetic dreams, which led her to join X. She wields the composite bow, to start with a simple yew composite bow, but soon is led, via a dream, to the Bow of Souls, a powerful fiend banishing artifact and the last remnant of Ilfana's extinct bloodline.

Cole: A high up member of the Bloody Hands, one of the many gangs roaming the city of Freeport. Joins X on his questafter it turns out that Gingomphatz was taking the form of their leader for a while and X drives Gingomphatz away. Pretty much cold, conniving and has some signs of kleptomania, and also makes a hobby of playing as many women as possible. He wields a dagger, to start out with a steel dagger that cannt kill fiends, but eventually finds a Soul Blade, the same type as was used as a secondary weapon by fiend slayers.

Aria: An innocent fiend(basically supernatural beings of the same nature and origin as the fiends, but not neccesarily evil, who were brought to this plain 1000 or so years ago and split with the other fiends) who, although at first X tries to kill, soon allies with her after she saves his life. Aria seems to have a vendetta against Gingomphatz, but it's not known why. As a former succubus, Aria is extremely attractive and can charm and manipulate sentient, non fiend males.

Ghaleon
A dark, brooding sorceror who starts out as one of the party's greatest adversaries, but after learning that Fortinbras has emerged before he even began summoning him, he decides it in his best interest to join X until they banish Fortinbras. Ghaleon is a powerful dark sorceror who wields dark, evil magic and channels the power of the fiends when he attacks, and to raise the dead, so essentially he fights fire with fire, using incredibly powerful and flashy fire and dark spells.

Level 10
Please don't double post - just elongate the first post. (If you're worried about the site logging you off just type what you want in notepad/something else and paste it into the message board.)

You're project sounds interesting but what about the gameplay? All you've really given us is the storyline.

Oh btw:
http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=28999

-Deck

Last edited:
Level 4
Basically, it's like the frozen throne orc campaign, except larger in scale, and it also has extra features, to be specific arrow keyboard movement, a dialog system I'm making myself but help would be appreciated on, the D20 battle system like in DnD, And it'll have a taxi like system where you get on a horse drawn carriage when it stops at a given corner, then you get off when it reaches your desired stop. Also realistic interactions with the city, like if you kill someone who doesn't try to kill you first, the town guards and the temple will try to kill you, and if you do something that goes against the teachings of the temple, they'll fine you some amount of gold or even kill you, depending on what you did, but help w/ this system would be appreciated. And exp. levels go all the way up to lv. 99. And also there will be an abandoned building which you'll use as a base, and in it you'll be able to do all kind of interactions w/ characters who have joined you, and NPC's who are helping you. And occasionally people wh break in(35% of the time, when you enter, there'll be a thief, sometimes a small group of thieves.)

Also there'll be a secret dungeon, called the shadow realm, that you'll be able to visit with help from Ghaleon, basically, it's a series of rooms, each with very powerful lv. 60+ fiends in each room, and you need to kill all the fiends in a given room to go to the next room, and in the final one, there's an incredibly powerful boss, tougher than the final boss, who if (and I do mean IF) you defeat, you'll get the single most powerful item in the game. Something that will make the final part of the game alot easier.

Wide variety of quest types, and hundreds of side quests also. I plan the campaign, if you beat all side quests, measuring at least 21+ hours.

EDIT: Oops, I thought that topic fucked up and dissapeared. Sry

And I meant that the campaign X is similar in gameplay to te rexxar campaign, w/ the other maps and all, not that the main characers are similar, which they're not that much.

Model I'm using for X is mage-head Arthas. The one who DOESN'T have the beard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.