• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making autocast abilities (defend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to make autocast abilities from those without autocast?

For example I would make my units using defend ability like computer controlled ones. If it is not possible to convert to autocast ability , can it be done with triggers (unit will defend when it is attacked by piercing and magic attacks and stop defend about 5 seconds after the last attack on it)?

Level 11
Well... basically you are having a problem here. Because some autocasts (like Searing Arrows and actually, other arrow abilities) cannot really be detected when they are cast, and check at the same time if they are autocast. You will need an event for each unit that learns the ability, each unit that switches the spell to autocast, and then have a trigger for it. Once the unit uncasts it, you have to make the trigger not affect the units. My conclusion? JASS!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.