• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making An MUI GUI Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there! I'm having the problem when creating an aura.

It works like this: Whenever an emeny unit within 900 of the aura's holder die, they explode and deal 60 (+40/level) damage to all nearby enemy unit.

Everything works fine, except for the Aura Holder. I do not know how to refer to him and still retain the MUIness of the spell.

Can someone suggest me how to make this aura MUI? Tks.

Level 13
The way I would do it is:

Unit Dies
Pick all enemy units within 900 AoE that have the aura (ability)
Set aura holder as a variable
Then explode unit and deal damage based on level of aura

However if you mean the unit would use it's explode animation then something more like this

Periodically add all units with aura buff to Aura Unit Group and make them explode on death
Periodically check if units in Aura Unit Group have buff, if not remove them from group and make them not explode on death
If unit from Aura Unit Group dies, pick all units with Aura ability within 900 (maybe a little bit higher like 1000-1200 due to how buffs stay on units). Pick one of them and then deal damage in area around dying unit based on the Aura holder

Level 3
Can you help me with the trigger? I have been struggling with mine. It only runs for once (or twice) then nothing happens from then.
upload_2018-2-24_16-24-43.png

My 900-unit group conditions check if matching unit is a hero, if matching unit has the ability and if matching unit belongs to an enemy of Triggering unit (The unit that dies)

Level 13
I can't see why it wouldn't work... What I would do is add game text messages at different stages of the trigger as a bug test. So add a message when the first group is picked, then when can add other messages further down to tell you who the caster is etc.

If the messages don't appear then you can see what doesn't work

Level 3
Okay for some reasons it works when I use Pick every unit within range matching conditions. So I guess my WE is a little bit buggy when it comes to picking a unit group with no conditions then filtering units later. Thanks for the idea anyway, it turns out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.