• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making an excavation site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everyone,

Still haven't gotten over my true love, Warcraft III, and was just playing with the World Editor again. Using Sharpcraft, I miss JNGP but that's ok, it is 2017 and nothing lasts forever. My father once told me about when...nevermind, back to the topic -

I'm not very gifted in aesthetics, but I'm trying to plot out an excavation site in the map, and I'm just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I should go about making a convincing one. I'm using Ultimate Terraining Map which has a lot of doodads at my disposal.

Thanks!

Level 2
You could look up some real life pictures of excavation sites for starters.

You need also have your own theme of this site.

Then just start making it (the rough surface) and see where creativity takes you.

If you have a rough line out you can also post it here so we can suggest you some cool details or so.

Level 21
Dwarf or steampunks ones.
latest

Mining_CentralDrilling_1920x1200.jpg

Level 1
Lots of good suggestions, thank you all.

I will have to remember the MPQ extractor and all that to get the campaign level suggestions, I will check those out.

Looking at real pictures is pretty helpful - will do

Diegoit - I should have been more specific, the setting is gonna be fantasy, knights and poop on trails.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket doesn't allow free third party hosting anymore. Dang. Will put up images another time

Status
Not open for further replies.