• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a map 480x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, guys.. I'm having some troubles over here.

I'm trying to make my map 480 by 480, I don't need anyone to explain to me that it lags or whether or not I should do it, just how to get over an error I am encountering.

I'm using the Newgen pack, and I modified WorldEditData.txt as well, and still I have a problem:

I can select up to 480 as an option for width or height, and I can extend to those with the size modifier, but there appears to be a max of 65536 cells. Meaning, it can be 480x128, or 128x480, or anything inbetween, but the maximum for a square map is 256x256 for me. Can anyone help? I've tried using both JNGP and normal WE, and nothing solves this.

When making maps choosing size categories it automatically lowers width or height to make it so it won't go above 512 total. When increasing size manually I can't press OK because it gives me an error: "The full map area (230400 cells) exceeds the limit of 65536 cells."

Level 3
And in fact nothing can solve the 65535 limit except if blizzard would make it a 32bit integer instead of 16bit, so your out of luck on this one.

BTW, Forcing it above this limit would just simply make it crash.

Level 7
I installed JNGP without changing anything else (what does WorldEditorData.txt do?) and I never had a problem with creating 480x480 Maps. I'm currently working on one that is 450x400 or something atm.

Maybe you should reinstall WC3 and JNGP (without making additional changes).

Level 2
I've reinstalled JNGP and Warcraft 3 was installed about a week or two ago (upgraded to winods 7)

Are you using JNGP version 5d or whatever? or something else?

I'm really stumped because at one point I made my map 352x352 and it worked fine, but now I can't do that anymore.. really confused.

Never mind, I fixed it. No limits wasn't turned on... Even though I tried that before and it still didn't work, this time it did, so whatever.

Last edited:
Level 3
I've also made a map 480x480 no problems here, but the problem appears if I try to change description of map and the name of it and it doesn't let me press OK because it says that 230000 cells exceeds 65k cells, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using WEU.
Edit: I can't open my map with jass newgen because I have triggers that it doesn't recognise.

Level 2
I made it 480x480 using the 'No Limits' option in the Grimoire section of Newgen, but I think you can get grimoire without needing Newgen.

Also maybe you could disable your triggers, start it up with Newgen, modify the description/name, save, then close it and go back to normal WE?

Level 3
Is there a way to disable all triggers, at least by category, or I have to disable them each?...
Because they are hundreds...

Level 3
I'm using WEU because WE doesn't open a 480x480 and I didn't quite know about jass newgen until a few days ago, anyway I'm not using any advanced triggers since the last patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.