• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making a unit fixed on a place and direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Say I have a marine, but I don't want that marine to move neither turn. I want him to be looking to one single direction, and only be able to attack enemies coming from that single direction.

I've removed succesfully the movement, but if I remove the ability to turn around (or spin, not sure how the editor referst to it in english since I have spanish version), while I get what I want, the unit always faces the default 270°. I want it to be facing 0° instead. Where do I choose the default angle of the unit (or how do I set it to 0° so it doesn't move from there...).

Level 3
I assume you made the unit into a structure.

Then simply go to the unit and change Stats - Facing (Estadísticas del frente) to the appropriate degree.

Thank you!
I somehow forgot to activate advanced fields hehe.

But now I'd like to ask you a related question:

How do I set the attack to only go straigth. Take the Marine as example. The attack goes straight. But not entirely, there is a small tiny angle your marin can attack without having to turn his front. But when using large distances, that angle is enough to "break" the game I'm trying to make.

I tried setting both "arc" options to 0° at the stats tab from the Marine Gauss C-14 (weapon) but it doesn't seem to affect what I'm trying to "fix".

Basically, Where do I set up the angle of my attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.