• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit astral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey Guys,

I need your help, the answer shouldn't be that hard.

I made a spell, which turns every friendly unit aside from the caster invulnerable. Additionally I want the spell to make the affected unit to be astral (like the banish spell). Is there any other possibility to do that unless using the "Animation - Change Unit Vertex Coloring" trigger?
If not, can you tell me how I can use the trigger that the affected unit only has a 50% transparency when the spell/buff is active? I don't want to use a wait command for that.

Please help me, I'm quite new to the editor.

thanks in advance,

Derbs!

Level 2
Oh you didn't understand me correctly. I just want the unit to be looking like it's astral. Invulnerable and astral at the same time wouldn't make any sense.

=> The unit should be semi-transparent while being invulnerable.

Level 2
You could make a dummy spell that has no effects or buffs and THEN use a dummy unit to cast it. That's what I would do, but I'm not very good with triggering and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.