• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making a TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey guys im making a TD and im having trouble with a count down timer which informs you when the next spawn is according to the level you are currently on etc.

so i was reading this guide and the timer worked for me and all but the problem was the beginning timer wasnt (the grace period at the start of the game, my creeps just spawned right now thinking it was lvl 1)

so this is the portion of the guide i was following and the guy made a mistake along the lines of "beginning timer" and i need someone to fix it please so i can use it! will +rep

Step 2:
In the beginning you need to give people more time than in-between levels. So lets make a separate beginning timer. Make a new folder named TD Timers, and then make a new Trigger named beginning timer. Now go to variables, and make a new variable. Make the Variable name TDtimer, make the variable type a timer. Then press O.K.Now make a new variable. Name it Level. Make it an integer. And Make it equal to 0. Now make a trigger like this.
  • First timer
  • Events:
  • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
  • Conditions:
  • None
  • Actions:
  • Countdown Timer - Start TDTimer as a repeating timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
  • Set BeginningTimer = (Last started timer)
  • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title First timer in...
Step 3:Now that you have your TDtimer you have to make the timer repeat for the rest of the game. Do this trigger.
  • Continuous Timer
  • Events:
  • Timer - TDTimer expires
  • Conditions:
  • None
  • Actions:
  • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created Timer Window)
  • Wait until ((All units of (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) are dead)Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
  • Countdown Timer - Start TDTimer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
  • Set Level = (Level + 1)
  • Set TDTimer = (Last started timer)
  • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Enemy Wave in...

The problem in that quote is this part
  • First timer
  • Events:
  • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
  • Conditions:
  • None
  • Actions:
  • Countdown Timer - Start TDTimer as a repeating timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
  • Set BeginningTimer = (Last started timer)
  • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title First timer in...
No one knows what the individual is referring to in "set beginningtimer" because he never informed us to make a variable with that name or ANYTHING.

please help!

original guide: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-279/making-full-td-reviewed-ralle-88620/

Status
Not open for further replies.