• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make area select look like target select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
u tryed channel ability? else i dont think u can change the base abilities target image thing because only channel ability got Data - Level - Option where u can make with/or without target image also u can configure the ability target (could be point/unit/unit or point/instant=no target).

u can do a channel ability then when u cast this channel ability (what get same description and icon than ur blizzard) then create a dummy unit and cast blizard with it

Level 7
What shadowwvz said, I'm pretty sure you can't change it with basic Blizzard, you're going to have to code it.

Level 5
To my mind you can do it with extracting and importing data to the same file...

You have to use wc3viewer, extract the blp file of the unit target ability, import it to your map, and set the path of the file to the path for the AoE selection sprite. (The problem here is, that you have 4 different area selction sprites, 1 for each race; so u eather use only 1 race in your map or replace all the 4 AoE select files with the target unit sprite)

I am just presupposing that those files are both .blp please correct me if im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.