• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Make a unit on the minimap invisible with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
When a unit aquires an item, I want it to be invisible to other players only at the minimap, making it able to do sneaky moves. Also this should be applied on all the heroes in the game which picks up or buy the item, so recreating every one of them is not an option. Also I want that unit to be visible for others, but not on the minimap.

I don't know if it's possible or any solutions, so I ask the elites here.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I suggest you look through AMHS, they have a way of doing it. However, it's not straightforward.
I tried to export the system, it does not allow itself to be save against and i get 1200 errors :/. It's no use to me. Also the slightest edits crashed the saving. Even if I just add 1 unit, it crashes saving :angry:

Shadow Cloak trigger which needs the other shadow engine triggers, is also full of syntax errors. I also tried this with Newgen. I don't know how to fix all the damn syntax errors.

If you can so something to prevent that, I would like to know.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well, it isn't possible to export or import the triggers, I get thousands of syntax errors. Doing it that way isn't possible.

Would you bother to set a simple script that responds to when acquiring an item, when using the hide minimap thingy? I'll give you a rep if you would bother to make such a script, I don't know if you can do that.

Otherwise I'm not into JASS. Especially at native level.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I give up on this. This is impossible -.-

I can't make it myself. :angry:

That AMHS system is gay, It is immune of being used in any way possible cuz it's no way it can be exported or imported without 1000 syntax errors. Also same with attempts of using the "SetAltMinimapIcon" thingy is useless in all the ways i know. I don't know how he made that system which is total useless when you cannot use it in another map.

Status
Not open for further replies.