• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Major Tag Bug] JASS Tag Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two problems with the JASS tag that I've noticed:

1. This is really common, and I think it has been mentioned before. When you add a comment on the JASS tag, it stretches the whole post, i.e.:
JASS:
function poo takes unit pooper, widget toilet returns poop //This takes the pooper that poops, the toilet to flush the toilet, and it returns poop because the pooper will poop//
    call FlushToilet(pooper,toilet)
endfunction

2. Major Bug:

For me, at least, if you type something in JASS such as this:
JASS:
function poo takes unit pooper, widget toilet, widget toiletpaper returns poop
    local widget poop = GetTriggerPoop()
    local location sewer
    call PolledWait(500.) //duration to go poopoo//
    call FlushToilet(pooper,toilet, poop) //flushes the toilet//
    set sewer = GetWidgetLoc(poop)
    call WipeToilet(pooper,toilet,toiletpaper) //wipes the toilet//
    call WipeButt(pooper,toilet,toiletpaper)
    call MovePoop(poop,sewer)
    call RemoveLocation(sewer)
    set poop = null
    return poop
endfunction

Then if I "Prievew Post", it'll end up like this:

function poo takes unit pooper, widget toilet, widget toiletpaper returns poop local widget poop = GetTriggerPoop() local location sewer call PolledWait(500.) //duration to go poopoo// call FlushToilet(pooper,toilet, poop) //flushes the toilet// set sewer = GetWidgetLoc(poop) call WipeToilet(pooper,toilet,toiletpaper) //wipes the toilet// call WipeButt(pooper,toilet,toiletpaper) call MovePoop(poop,sewer) call RemoveLocation(sewer) set poop = null return poop endfunction

Sorry if this bug has been reported before.

Last edited by a moderator:
JASS:
function test takes nothing returns nothing
    call KillUnit(GetTriggerUnit())
endfunction

Preview:

JASS:
function test takes nothing returns nothing
    call KillUnit(GetTriggerUnit())
endfunction

Yup, it works! Awesome! Thanks Ralle!

Hmm... I found another problem when I c'n'p a JASS code; it ends up like this:

function test takes nothing returns nothing call KillUnit(GetTriggerUnit()) endfunction

It's kind of odd and it makes it harder to paste the code in a post... If you could fix that, that would be awesome. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.