• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magos - Particle Emitter 2 causes game crash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sry but i have an important question...

I made a sword with Milkshape 3D which worked perfektly in Warcraft.
Then i wanted to give this sword a cool Firy Effect. I did this with a Particle Emitter 2 in Magos Model Editor. I only used between 100 and 500 particles and tried it with lower values but when i use this sword ingame the game crashes with a "war3.exe - acces violation" bug...

Whats happened her? I tried a few sword of kitibake and his swords work in my game... even if i change his animation in the one i wanted to use it works...

I used Clouds8x8Fire.blp for my animation.

Can someone explain or take a look on my sword so that it works??? Please!!!

Greetz , Die_Kampfwurst

Level 4
Really thanks for your help DonDustin but i found the bug with help of InfinityNexus! My fault was (a REALLY noobish fault... i hate myself for that ^^) that i saved the model as *.ms3d with Milkshape and then imported it to Magos Model Editor and saved it as *.mdx. This caused that no animation neither Particles nor Geoset Animation worked and the game crashes.

Now i exported the model directly as *.mdx with a Warcraft III mdx importer with Milkshape 3D and everthing works fine.

Greetz, Kampfwurst

Status
Not open for further replies.