• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic Wand

Just a little idea I came up with. Im surprised that it hasen't been made already. The main point is that it leaves a trail of stars behind the wielding unit. The shape is based on the sphere from the Frost Bolt model. Reshaped and wrapped in magos.
I'm considering to make a version with a star on the top as in the Wand of Lightning Shield icon. I haven't decided on that yet.

UPDATE 1: I added a light.
UPDATE 2: Ok so now I made the wand a little bit smaller and the emitter to.
UPDATE 2: I decreased the emittion rate to 15 on both emitters and lowered the alpha on segment 2 to 150. I won't decrease that anymore cause I would like the stars to be visible.

Please give credit if you use it.

Keywords:
Magic, Wand, Stars, Wood, Wizard, Staff, Mage, Stick, Pointy, Bumpy, Light, Glow, Witchcraft, phail
Contents

Magic Wand (Model)

Reviews
17:22, 23rd Dec 2008 Pyritie: Far too many particles. Lower it to about 30 or so. (I.e. set the emission rate on each to 15.) I'd also suggest lowering the alpha on the Segment 2 to 175. Looks nicer that way. 27th Dec 2008 Pyritie: Changes made...

M

17:22, 23rd Dec 2008
Pyritie: Far too many particles. Lower it to about 30 or so. (I.e. set the emission rate on each to 15.) I'd also suggest lowering the alpha on the Segment 2 to 175. Looks nicer that way.

27th Dec 2008
Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.