• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Magic Forest "Sreaz"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello guys :) This land for one RPG map, size 128x256. comment and rate. :)

Attachments

• [SREAZ] Magic Forest.png
    [SREAZ] Magic Forest.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,605
Level 3
I really like the use of glows and light :)
Looks very good! Also there are no models that dont fit in the scene.

Is there more to see of this map so far? I'm interested!

Level 4
I feel like you're using too many rocks, but still looks good. If my eyes don't lie to me, you are using "vines" & "leaves" tiles, those 2 tiles are just bad in general.

The yellow laterns look "randomly" placed, just a weird personal feeling. :eekani:
@Bernkastel, i think you're right. The "Waterfall" area is very small to move around.

Keep it up, +rep. Looks good so far.. :grin:

Level 4
Agree on "Tint the rocks darker". But why he should keep those tiles? He is already using that poison tile, why not remove vines?

Level 4
Vines looks fine because of the lights, and yes he got a nice tile variation. But you're just talking about what you can see and not of what it is for... It's a RPG terrain = "Playable". The camera will be close to the ground to show terrain and enviroment in general, so people will look at vines tile & at that point it won't be really good.

Vines tile is only good in very rare enviroments and i don't think this is one.. Since it's for RPG. :eekani:

Level 14
Your argument is given the assumption that I don't know what the vines will look like under the playable camera's scrutiny. I, however, know exactly how it will look under the circumstances presented by the terrainer. He has made them fit perfectly (well, almost perfectly - as stated before the rocks stand out too much and need to be tinted down) but regardless, he has made it so that the tiles can be so well incorporated with a close camera or a far camera.
This argument of yours is not a very good one, I think you should consider reevaluating it swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.