• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MaCs beta version 1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Massive Attack Castke Siege;

"The map started off as just a joke between me and my brother about what i should do for my next map, and as my brother described his ideas to me, ideas started flying through my head." Krylix

To me this map is a bench mark of what I can do personally. I will continue to grow in my knowledge of editing and then add that knowledge into the map to continue to improve the insanity of this map. I found that as I made MaCs ideas that were once never possible or acceptable, now become completely usable. Despite the crazyness that every single spell has, it all fits in just right with MaCs. There is no wrong in this map. There is no different style to playing heroes, it's all plain and simple. Choose the hero, choose the spell, choose the item, fight, win or lose - there is no creep farming, no hidden shops, no secret roots into the base.

When I played the map with TheMælProzzi I found that despite every hero being completely rediculous in every way possible, and the items making them beyond insane. The game was still fair, and the heroes were balanced! To me that came as a shock, I was preparing to edit almost every hero so they were all balanced but they balanced themselves out because I triggered (customized) almost every ability each unit has, there about 10/55 standard warcraft spells, and they still have been altered to reach the standards of the map.

The map:

The map itself requires 2 or more players, preferably in equal teams otherwise one team has an advantage, the map fails particularly when there is more players in the defending team rather than the attacking team.

[*]12 Heroes to choose from - each unique; No replica spells or attributes
[*]Extremely simple hot-keys in game [z, x, c, v: Hero spells/q, w, e, r, a, s, d, f, z, x, c, v: Item purchase]
[*]30 minutes of gameplay till an auto-finish declaring the defending team victorious.
[*]15 cheap and custom items to choose from.
[*]Custom loading screen and preview screen
[*]Score chart has the score of each team in it's name (you don't need to open the score chart to see the team points)
[*]Many custom imports making gameplay more interesting and easy on your eyes - working on getting a custom head's up display, although this will increase map size by 1mg or more.
[*]Simple Terrain
[*]Each wave has 2 ranged and 5 melee units per team.
[*]Defense team has towers defending the Castle
[*]Spells that move units fixed so they do have cooldown (not fixed in many maps including my old map Omega Hero Defense v1.53b

Keywords:
massive attack castle siege, macs, castle siege, castle defense
Contents

MaCs beta version 1 (Map)

Reviews
20:55, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected