• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac compatibility issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My map has compatibility issues with mac computers. I converted all my imported icons(except those that are just extracted from wc3 just to be renamed) to Palleted 128 only, 7mipmap and still game crash.

Is there anything else i can do to fix this?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Is there anything else i can do to fix this?
BLPs support either JPEG or Palleted 256. Anything less than palleted 256 is fake as it is just using 128 of the 256 colour pallet as each pixel still uses 8 bits to represent colour.

Try deleting all imports for a test and seeing if it works on Mac. If still not then its not the imports. Remember to backup map so as to not lose any progress doing this test.

Level 8
BLPs support either JPEG or Palleted 256. Anything less than palleted 256 is fake as it is just using 128 of the 256 colour pallet as each pixel still uses 8 bits to represent colour.

Try deleting all imports for a test and seeing if it works on Mac. If still not then its not the imports. Remember to backup map so as to not lose any progress doing this test.
But BLP laboratory it says 7mipmap (0) fake. I will upload a sample.

Attachments

• BTNblueishball.blp
    6 KB · Views: 41

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
But BLP laboratory it says 7mipmap (0) fake. I will upload a sample.
The blp file looks fine to me.

Try deleting all imports from the map for a test to see if it works on Macs then. If still does not work on Macs then it is not the imports. Make a backup of the map before doing this so you can restore to working on it after doing the test.

Level 8
The blp file looks fine to me.

Try deleting all imports from the map for a test to see if it works on Macs then. If still does not work on Macs then it is not the imports. Make a backup of the map before doing this so you can restore to working on it after doing the test.
I would gladly do that, only problem I dont have a mac. Would probly fix the whole issue with test spam within a day if i did >.< I guess i will just ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.