• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mûmak

"Near Harad, a hot and exotic land. It is the kingdom of the Haradrim, warriors loyal to Sauron."

Behold wet-landers, the mightiest of the Sultan's great Mûmakil!

Credit to Callahan for providing the mammoth model to use as a base.

Changes
-Lowered file-size only by 4 kb though :\
-Fixed Tusks
-Credited Callahan properly

Keywords:
Mumakil, Oliphaunt, Elephant, Harad, Haradrim, Lotr, Lord, Of, The, Rings, Battle, For, Middle, Earth, Ring, War, Rhun, East, Easterling, Southron
Contents

Mumakil (Model)

Reviews
17:07, 24th Jul 2015 MiniMage: Could be a useful.
Level 4
thanks man, I try!
I've just asked on the forum about this big topic, because I need a complete guide for animation.
do you know where I can find it?
there are some model very complex, with a lot of them, but I find nowhere a precise guide

Level 65
There used to be a guide a long time ago, but it didn't go into great detail on how to do everything: only the basic functions of some of the tools (MdlVis & Magos' Model Editor)

The guide fell into obscurity because the website that hosted it went under, and took the necessary tutorial photos with it.

I've been meaning to make a guide, but while I have the editor skill, microphone, and time: I don't have any recording software that'll do it now that Fraps has stopped capturing the Desktop.

Were I you, I'd contact @Gluma, he is the finest motion-animator on the Hive Workshop.
@Mythic is the best particle engineer I've seen, could teach you so much more than I could there.
@Tauer employs some of the finest mesh and texture tricks to achieve spectacular quality without bloating the polygon count

My only trick as a creator here is sheer volume of models spanning genres.
I've got a basic understanding of animation and a rudimentary understanding of particles.
With every model I make, I try to give it a full set of custom animations unless it's an animal - their skeletons are whack.

I recommend the following tools
- MdlVis (To render and animate)
- BLP Lab (To convert .PNGs into .BLPs and compress them)
- Magos' Model Editor (To Import and adjust textures, create particles, sounds, and keyframe events)
- Gimp 2.8 (The current version of Gimp 2 has some stunningly stupid changes that'll slow down your work, use Gimp 2.8)

Level 4
Thanks for your reply man!

btw I don't have windows, evry time I download other programs is a pain.
and about those animation... simply don't work.
I only can try, many times. sometimes I succeed.

thanks again!

Level 65
Oh goodness me this is an old model

I've actually been meaning to come back and remake this from scratch with a much better face/head model and war tower with TC cloth, I have just been sidetracked into the next century x_x

The plan was to have two versions of him:
  • No war paint, no spiked tusks, No banner-carrier in the war tower
  • War paint, spiked tusks, banner-carrier in the war tower
But you know what they say about plans