• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lydian Triad: Feedback requested!

Does this sound great or what?

• Sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't care less

• Don't waste your time

• Ack! This is total crap!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am starting work on a huge single-player RPG and maybe you could give me some feedback on it. Here are the basic elements:

Structure: Divided up into three parts, each in campaign form. The maps will be omnitransitional (you can go back and forth between them.

The Multiverse - Floating the the multiverse are 3 universes bonded together. Terra (your home world), Corrith, (the world you are exiled to), and Azeroth. This system is called the Lydian Triad

Plot:
Part 1: Return from Exile - An extremely evil demonic entity has essentially taken over your world. In a naive effort to stop him, you and a couple buddies try to take him on, only to find out he is immortal and invincible, "blessed" by a pendant given to him by an unknown entity from the void. He gets rid of your friends and exiles you to another world. Your objective in that world is to repair the strange imbalance threatening corrith and to return from your exile.
Part 2: The Book of Counted Shadows - The Triaxial gate does not necessarily send you to where you want to go. Sometimes it sends you to where you need to go. You appear in the world of Azeroth to find the pages of a powerful book; a book with the power to counter that of the Nerothos' pendant. The catch? the pages of this book are scattered throughout the world. Someone evidently wanted to protect people from the demon that made the book his own...
Part 3: <name still in consideration> - Back at Terra, you find out something interesting. Time moves at different speeds in different worlds. Now far into the future of Terra, you are greeted by an expanse of Blasted, destroyed, wastelands. Your objective? Find a way to bend time and go back to the time of your humiliation. You must find the courage within yourself to save your friends and save the future...

Gameplay: Battles are still real-time, but when you approach monsters, the camerabounds change and you are locked into the battle. By approaching the boundary, you have a chance of fleeing, but you will lose money. The game can only be saved on certain save spots, and can be reloaded using the "load" button on the campaign menu.

Resting - At any time you will be able to rest, speeding up time and regaining health and mana quickly. Resting is easy on the safe save spots, but on the normal map, there is a chance of getting attacked in your sleep. If this happens, for the duration of that battle, you will have lessened armor.

Class system - At the beginning of the game you will be able to choose a class and an affiliation. By fighting you will gain ability points. When you have enough, you will learn a new ability.

That's not all of it, but I've written enough already. For any of you still here, thanks for reading through all this crap. I would appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, just post it here or pm me. Thanks!

Level 4
Yes, the save/load idea actually was inspired (sounds a little better than ripped :D ) from HeroRPG. Since the game will comprise many maps, I thought that was the best way to do it. To my credit, I figured out how to do it on my own, not by looking at the code for herorpg (if that is even possible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.