• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lunge Cut v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I was bored and tried for the thousandth time to create a nifty looking spell. I am a skinner so spell-making is not really my area so I kind of suck at it. But this is what a came up with.

It is a spell called Lunge Cut for the blademaster, it is a single target spell that does damage based on the agility of the caster. When you cast the spell your hero will turn to face the target, and then after a brief delay he will leap into the air and quickly close distance with the target unit, delivering a devastating slash when he reaches his target.

I am sure it is full of leaks and stuff and probably not MUI because I have no idea how to do that, if anyone wants to tell me how to make it better in those areas I would be open to criticism and will fix it as soon as I have the time.

Keywords:
slash, cut, samurai, blademaster, speed, lunge, warp
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 13:17, 28th Aug 2010 TriggerHappy: Before I even give this a proper review, you need to comply with the spell rules. Please make your spell MUI.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

13:17, 28th Aug 2010
TriggerHappy:

Before I even give this a proper review, you need to comply with the spell rules.
Please make your spell MUI.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
    • Set LungeCutCaster = (Casting unit)
    • Set LungeCutTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 100.00)) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 150.00)) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 200.00)) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 4) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 250.00)) else do (Do nothing)
    • Unit - Pause LungeCutCaster
    • Unit - Make LungeCutCaster face (Position of LungeCutTarget) over 0.25 seconds
    • Unit - Turn collision for LungeCutCaster Off
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of LungeCutCaster using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
    • Trigger - Turn on Movement <gen>
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Unit - Move LungeCutCaster instantly to ((Position of LungeCutCaster) offset by 15.00 towards (Facing of LungeCutCaster) degrees)
    • Unit - Make LungeCutCaster face LungeCutTarget over 0.00 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Region centered at (Position of LungeCutTarget) with size (200.00, 200.00)) contains LungeCutCaster) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Unit - Turn collision for LungeCutCaster On
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.25 seconds
    • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack slam animation
    • Wait 0.60 seconds
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing (Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 4) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 4.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    • Wait 0.15 seconds
    • Unit - Unpause LungeCutCaster

Level 6
MUI : (standart GUI indexing, some people prefer hashtables)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/dynamic-values-storage-121558/

Example->
My spellpack made with Indexing:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...w-spell-pack-v1-50-a-176131/?prev=r=20&page=2

Removing Leaks->
call DestroyGroup (udg_yourgroupvar)
"yourgroupvar" can be for example variable with name Group
call DestroyGroup (udg_Group)

Instead of "Pick Every unit in playable map area matching..." use :
Set Variable->(nameofyourgroup)->Every unit within range ...
Pick Every Unit in (nameofyourgroup) and do - loop
call DestroyGroup (udg_nameofyourgroup)

Instead of "Create 1 footman at center of the playable map area,," use :
Set Variable->(nameofyourpointvariable)->Center of playable map area
Create 1 footman at (nameofyourpointvariable)
call RemoveLocation (udg_nameofyourpointvariable)

more about leaks :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-memory-leaks-5889/

Removing leaks with regions : call RemoveRect(udg_nameofyourregionvariable)

People on the Hive prefer to use Starts the effect of an ability instead of Begins Casting an ability

Posting Triggers :
["trigger"]
Here copy GUI triggers from world editor with Copy As Text (REMOVE SIGNS OF QUOTATION FROM trigger and /trigger)
["/trigger"]

Level 8
This is gonna get rejected unless you completely redo the triggers to be MUI. MUI is a bit more complicated, but it's not too hard to learn.
This spell idea has also been done to death.

Level 8
why the hell people rejected this?
find it very awesome omg
you ppl are just idiots this is an excellent skill for blademaster 5/5 !!!

Thats because you dont know how to make spells and only judge on visual effects?

It leaks. Alot. Which makes maps lag. Fine, put it into your map, have 2 or more people use it around 50 and see what happens.