• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LUMBERJACK: Competitive Wood Harvesting Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hello. I am Ash. I have never so much as opened World Editor and I'm making a logging simulator.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK I sleep all night and I work all day." - A Lumberjack

~Overview~

A forest, somewhere. There are trees. The trees must fall. The trees are not happy about this.

You are not the only one that has decided to develop a wood-based empire. There are others. Be better than them.

~Gameplay~

LUMBERJACK is a competitive PVP wood chucking simulator. It is considered non-canon in the Warcraft universe. It features an alternate reality where the events laid out in The Spirits of Ashenvale sparked a log-harvesting arms race. You are but a lowly prospector drawn to the area with wild dreams of wood-felling fortune.

~Features~

CHOP TREES. Fell trees in full high definition Reforged glory. Use different blades for faster harvesting!

HARASS YOUR ENEMIES PEERS. Replace the trees they're harvesting with fake trees made with something that isn't wood, provide Greenpeace with an anonymous tipoff as to their location, turn them into a toad through the use of witchcraft and wizardry!

OVER 10 UNIQUE LUMBERJACKS TO CHOOSE FROM, POTENTIALLY. Let's see how I get on with the main game first.

SELL YOUR WOOD FOR GOLD. Buy items that increase your wood harvesting abilities, hire slave labour, hire security to stop the slave labour from escaping!

BUY WOOD FOR MORE THAN YOU SOLD IT FOR. Use your spare change to rebuy wood at a greater cost than you sold it for. Thanks, market economics!

~Changelog~

29 Jan 2021 - Today I successfully opened the editor for the first time since having the game given to me in 2003.
30 Jan 2021 - The terrain is barebones and ready to go. It will be decorated in due time, but I want to get a skeleton version of the game running first. Have a proof of concept that I know is interesting before I put too much time in making it look good. You can't polish a turd!
2 Feb 2021 - Did some stuff today. Not a lot of it worked. TypeScript has bested me in this battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.