• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lumber House.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm looking at a building that allows you to trade gold for wood, and vice-versa, except what's happening is when I make the building, it'll give me 250 gold.
What do I do to make it so it doesn't give me gold and I can trade gold-wood?
I have two other things, I'm writing it here to save it from another post.

My heroes aren't being restricted to a creation of 1, my hero will continue to be able to be created, I've set the Stock Maximum to one, but that hasn't changed a thing.

How would I make an upgrade cancel out another upgrade.
For example, I want to be able to specialize in one unit, then cancel the other one so that it can't be researched, and vice-versa.

Last edited:
Level 10
For the max heroes thing, if you based your heroes off tavern heroes, then you'll need to start from scratch and base them off a non-tavern hero instead.
Also, add them to Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Hero (Advanced -> Gameplay Constants).

Level 16
I think for the trade system you mean something like Age of Empires II?
Then you should of course give a disadvantage! You always get less resources back than you gave, and also, the more resources are in the building, the lower the cost, so when you buy 10 wood, the price may raise 12 gold or so,, That would be realistic!

Level 2
Yeah Yixx, not quite what I mean, it's similar to Age of Empires 2, but it doesn't change value.
M4stah, can you please explain that?

Teelo, I'm quite aware, it's not a tavern, it's a normal Orc Altar based off, and i've changed the Gameplay Contestant. - It still doesn't work.

Level 2
- Please don't judge it we're just mucking around D:

Attachments

• Customized(2)(1).w3x
    118.4 KB · Views: 50
Level 8
You can disable/enable researches that are yet to be research by using action:
  • Player - Set the max research level of YourResearch to 0 for SomePlayer (Colour)

Level 2
Nono, i mean if you upgrade A upgrade, it'll block out B Upgrade so that you can never learn it again.

Level 9
LOL, learn a bit about heroes before talking nonsence, please (not mentioning names). Don't fool the OP with wrong triggers.

Listen,
1: Do NOT base your hero on campaign/tavern heroes. NEVER EVER EVER NEVER!!!! If you want the same model, change art lines.
2: After you create the hero, add it in gameplay constants. Add the techtree requirements to the hero via the object editor (Altar, Tiers).
3: Add this trigger:
  • Player - Limit training of (YOUR_HERO) to 1 for (YOUR_PLAYER)
If you're making a custom race, check the turorial in my signature, there's pretty much explained everything.
Melee game triggers refer for melee game things. Don't believe me? Try it in the editor.
Also, stock maximum doesn't reflect on altars, only taverns.

Level 10
LOL, learn a bit about heroes before talking nonsense, please (not mentioning names). Don't fool the OP with wrong triggers.
Shhh :p
He seemed to believe that he had not based it off a tavern hero, and had the dependency equiv's setup, so I just typed from memory what I thought the trigger was to limit the hero.
Melee game triggers refer for melee game things. Don't believe me? Try it in the editor.
Last time I tried it, it worked for my custom hero after I added it to techtree - equiv heroes.

Level 2
Okay! The hero seems to work perfectly fine now, but what about the other two problems? :(

I'm looking at a building that allows you to trade gold for wood, and vice-versa, except what's happening is when I make the building, it'll give me 250 gold.
What do I do to make it so it doesn't give me gold and I can trade gold-wood?
And.
How would I make an upgrade cancel out another upgrade.
For example, I want to be able to specialize in one unit, then cancel the other one so that it can't be researched, and vice-versa.

Oh, I've also done something that makes a building not buildable again, for e.g Player 1 Makes A building and can't make it again, but how would I make it when it's destroyed A building can be reconstructed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.