• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preventing one resource from trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Setting both "Ally Trading Increment" to 0 in Gameplay Constants stops trading of resources altogether (I'm assuming), but is there any way to make it so one resource is still tradeable while the other isn't? I want players to be able to trade gold but not wood. There doesn't seem to be any way to detect resource trading with triggers, so preventing it that way doesn't look possible. If I can't find any other way, I'll just turn all trading off and allow people to trade gold through text commands, but I'd like to avoid this if possible, so does anyone know any other way to do this?

Level 3
I dont know what the trigger is, i tried looking but with no luck. But i do know that ive played some b-ships maps that disallow trading of lumber by doing exactly what Magic said, it would trade it but then you would instantly get it back. I'll try looking for all the b-ships maps i have and seeing if any are open and see if i cant find what determines that.

Level 6
I dont know what the trigger is, i tried looking but with no luck. But i do know that ive played some b-ships maps that disallow trading of lumber by doing exactly what Magic said, it would trade it but then you would instantly get it back. I'll try looking for all the b-ships maps i have and seeing if any are open and see if i cant find what determines that.

I am pretty sorry but this is useless.
In bships it is done by a variable representing the lumber you have, and every 0.5 seconds each players lumber will be set to the variable.
The variable is changed whenever you trade something....

Level 3
Okay, thanks guys. I'll see if I can figure it out based on what you've told me.

Isn't it better to disable both resource trading, and then make a system like Skiby's Castle, in which you type

give PLAYER AMOUNT

it's quite easy =/

I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, but I just like to let the game work on its own whenever possible.

Level 6
Okay, thanks guys. I'll see if I can figure it out based on what you've told me.

I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, but I just like to let the game work on its own whenever possible.

But the give is pretty nice if you are working with high ressource amounts in the lategame:
-give 9 12334
is better than strg-clicking 61 times on the gold button.
And the original sked 5.0 is opensource; you can find it HERE

Level 3
Well 1: I cant dl it there, says i need to login first. and 2: If its the one i think i already have then it doesnt have anything that prevents the lumber from being traded. The time of sked was when i was playing b-ships the most and ive played practically every b-ships ever made, and i dont remember any sked maps having the lumber locked out, i believe that was added by a modder in later versions after sked stopped makin the maps. Although since my long absence a bunches of new ones came out from other poeple but im slowly catching up lol.

Level 6
Well 1: I cant dl it there, says i need to login first. and 2: If its the one i think i already have then it doesnt have anything that prevents the lumber from being traded. The time of sked was when i was playing b-ships the most and ive played practically every b-ships ever made, and i dont remember any sked maps having the lumber locked out, i believe that was added by a modder in later versions after sked stopped makin the maps. Although since my long absence a bunches of new ones came out from other poeple but im slowly catching up lol.

nope. Here is the trigger:
Code:
Lumber Fix
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Playergroup - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Set (Picked player) Current Wood to PlayerLumber[(Player number of (Picked player))]

//Offtopic: on which realm are you playing? And what is your username there? we could play bs if you want. My name is serraslight and i am playing on Northrend

Status
Not open for further replies.