• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] LUA Item Generation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm having a weird issue with generating items with LUA. It generates the item fine but my other items get changed in the process.
For example I have and item with a tooltip layout like this:
"Item description (there should be a blank line between this and the stats).

Stats
Item Type"
Using ctrl-Enter to create the new lines (rather than |n because I find it more readable).
However, after I've created a new item with LUA, it adds an addition line between the Description and Stats. It looks the same in the editor but ingame there is clearly another line.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem and is there a solution (other than avoiding using ctrl-Enter)?

I made a testmap illustrating the problem. Instructions:
  1. Run the map a first time to see the correct tooltip layout
  2. Open the map, enable the "Generate" trigger and save
  3. Close and then reopen the map
  4. Disable the "Generate" trigger and save
  5. Test the map and see that the item now has an additional line between the description and stats

Attachments

• LUA Object Generation Test.w3x
    11.2 KB · Views: 50
Level 26
The Object Merger inlines the strings from .wts into the objmod-file and seems to interpret your breaks wrongly. (It adds a 2nd 0D before the 2nd break)

Well, what can be done? Contacting the author (PitzerMike), I have not seen a feature to disable the inlining. Since you want to have this type of break in the editor, you cannot feed the Object Merger anything else. You could post-process the objmod-file and replace the sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.