• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lotr : Defense of Minas Tirith

1 - Map Info
Lord of the Rings: The defense of Minas Tirith

Storyline:

Inspiration: This is an hero defense based on the movies and the books of LotR from the writter JRR Tolkien.
The 12 playable characters are from the Lotr storyline, everyone have unique skills, every skill is part of the characteristic of the character in the book or in the movie, like gandalf's eagles and theoden's riders.

About: The story of the map is a pass through the third movie "The Return of the King" to defend the white city: Minas Tirith from the evil forces of Sauron and then make an assault to the black gates of Mordor so Frodo can enter in the Mount of Doom and destroy the One Ring, finishing the Sauron's Fountain of Power and destroying the dark lord.
2 - Features

Features:

-> All the heroes and villains has it own skin or model.
-> Defend the White city : Minas Tirith
-> Attack the black gates of mordor.
-> Spells System
-> Respawn System
-> All the skills are freehand made and a lot of triggered skills.
-> A great and unique terrain of Gondor and Mordor based on the maps, images and parts of the movie.
-> Many Items and recipes.
-> Unique storyline involving the characters with very cool cinematics.
-> Many bosses with unique skills.
-> Much more things to come...
-> Simple but very fun.

Change Log

Change Log:

[8] right now... I fixed lot of bugs and tried to let the map with the least number of bugs to finally release it...

[9] new ui and icons
[10] reduced game size
[11] highly reduced game size and fixed bug with haradrim waves
[14] stackeable purchases and revive system (new)
[15] reduced again game size, new items, units and some gameplay balances
[16] fixed some things like asked and did some gameplay balances (new items)
[17] new items, new triggers (with some tips), introduced some tips on Quest (f9) fixed some things and some gameplay balances
[18] changed some skills from eomer, gollum, elrond...
changed the collours of the items for easy search of them
changed the icons of the heroes
some gameplay balance
[19] changed some aura effects, gandalf Eagle model, changed eomer 1° skill and gimli hammer throw some bugs and balances...

Credits:
Credits

There's too much people to thank... so i will thank everyone here in the hiveworkshop, wc3c.net and chaosrealm for the support... the skins, models, spells lot of this stuffs come from this places.
here are some names that helped me... i will continue to post them all
Sellenisko
Uncle Fester
Radagast
olofmoleman
Fingolfin
karland90
Stanakin
CloudWolf
Hueter
antihero
HammerFist132
Marsal
leap 3
G00dG4m3
Tomek320
Screenshots:

Minas Tirith

attachment.php

129082d1379786841-lord-rings-defense-minas-tirith-novominas2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gondor

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mordor

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Heroes

attachment.php

Special Events

attachment.php

Ingame Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Keywords:
LOTR, lotr, Lord of the rings, minas tirith, tolkien
Contents

Lotr : Defense of Minas Tirith (Map)

Reviews
15:45, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet: The cinematic of an Orc saying 'attack' is very dull and not even useful for the map, then there is this message saying some random hero just died which is very odd. The gameplay's performance is very good, although...

M

15:45, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet: The cinematic of an Orc saying 'attack' is very dull and not even useful for the map, then there is this message saying some random hero just died which is very odd.

The gameplay's performance is very good, although some of the heroes rely more on single targets than aoe which enhances co-op, the visuals or so the terrain made for the map is also nice. Map is overall acceptable.

Level 5
Can't seem to bring it to work. The Name of the Campaign appears on Frozen Throne "Custom Game", when I start it, nothing happens (except the control panel goes away and comes right back).

.w3x-File it didn't help. Would love to try out but can't.

Level 5
Gottit to Work, the blame is on me, I was on Version 1.21b, had to update to 1.26a.

What I really love are the skills. Though they are awesome based on mechanics (which are simple enough for anyone to understand), and i.e. Aragorn's Ghosts made me shake around, some of the skills just do damage with no graphical effect (yet).

It would be awesome if one day the voices of the movie-characters would be heard.
I also suggest that some common lore music would be played.

Playing alone is pretty hard, even knowing that the tavern heals you, wish I could select more heroes but then again it's common this way :)

Will test it out some more. This looks like it could become one of the most stylish maps in some time. I love Middle earth so I look forward for any update.

Krolan
The Twisted

Edit: Oh, I encountered some Enemies that stop in their tracks when my guy died. Don't know if that is supposed to happen.

Level 10
Gottit to Work, the blame is on me, I was on Version 1.21b, had to update to 1.26a.

What I really love are the skills. Though they are awesome based on mechanics (which are simple enough for anyone to understand), and i.e. Aragorn's Ghosts made me shake around, some of the skills just do damage with no graphical effect (yet).

It would be awesome if one day the voices of the movie-characters would be heard.
I also suggest that some common lore music would be played.

Playing alone is pretty hard, even knowing that the tavern heals you, wish I could select more heroes but then again it's common this way :)

Will test it out some more. This looks like it could become one of the most stylish maps in some time. I love Middle earth so I look forward for any update.

Krolan
The Twisted

Edit: Oh, I encountered some Enemies that stop in their tracks when my guy died. Don't know if that is supposed to happen.

thank you for your reply and i will see what i can do about sounds... and yes single player is hard... but you can do if you get soldiers and upgrade them... but multiplayer is always cooler!

please people vote for my map to be approved and please give me hits, ideas and suggestion to fix things or to improve my map...
positive suggestions i will always listen to ^^

we play and test in garena if you want to play with me add me (galactcus)
or add me at skype (galactcus1)
we have a garena lotr group 630194

Level 1
Is a good map, good mechanics, good heroes, awesome terrain but need use 100% of the map, more items and fix some bugs

Can't seem to bring it to work. The Name of the Campaign appears on Frozen Throne "Custom Game", when I start it, nothing happens (except the control panel goes away and comes right back).

.w3x-File it didn't help. Would love to try out but can't.

Put it into your maps folder.

Level 1
We did it, oh yes.
3 hours of *** fighting. First hour was good, hard and interesting. But 2 anoters...
Fun ended when we became too stronger for creeps.
But i think this map has the future, and with some updates i will play this again. Thanks.

Level 10
We did it, oh yes.
3 hours of *** fighting. First hour was good, hard and interesting. But 2 anoters...
Fun ended when we became too stronger for creeps.
But i think this map has the future, and with some updates i will play this again. Thanks.

thank you! and i will update that!! i will fix some things and make some gameplay balances for better performance...

Level 12
Hi!

The map overall is quite good! Terrain is good and gameplay is enjoyable.
Heres some things you should add and fix.

-When a goblin dies, he starts to jump automaticly and being crazy when he is dead.
-You should add a leaderboard or a quest where it says when Reinforcements commes and important things like that. When i played the game, i did saw with once that it should be a thing there. Try add the leaderboard when things happens!
or else 4.7/5 =)

Level 10
Hi!

The map overall is quite good! Terrain is good and gameplay is enjoyable.
Heres some things you should add and fix.

-When a goblin dies, he starts to jump automaticly and being crazy when he is dead.
-You should add a leaderboard or a quest where it says when Reinforcements commes and important things like that. When i played the game, i did saw with once that it should be a thing there. Try add the leaderboard when things happens!
or else 4.7/5 =)

ok about the globins is a death animation problem... i have to fix that buy i always forget haha...
about the leaderboard im thinking something about that too
thank you for your reply!
:D

Level 10
Looks pretty good, will try to try it out sometime.

I see you're using my cave kid skin as Sam.. now I really gotta finish that Sam skin.

Ohhh thank you a sam skin will be cool hehe :ogre_love:!

could you make a cool gollum skin for ghoul for me or maybe an orc skin or a skin for the blood elf model (the blood elf skin of war doesnot fit with others skins) :ogre_hurrhurr:?

Level 17
I tried out the map and here is my review:
the new interface including UI and command buttons just looks amazing. same as the terrain, but i think i already said that :p
Hero Review: Gimli
I noticed many things, the hero reminds me too much on the normal mountain king, some more custom abilities would make it more exciting. Something like.. changing the hammer throw that it bounces on targets 2 times for example. also, the hammer throw should have an increased STR-Multiplier per level instead of the static x2.5, like thunderclap has it. Same to the Iron Rage. change it to percentage damage, otherwise the ability will be somehow useless on very high level. I'd recommend to do it like that:
Increases the damage of Gimli by 50% for:
-Level 1: 8 seconds
-Level 2: 10 seconds
-Level 3: 12 seconds
-Level 4 : 14 secods
That will make the ability useful in early game, but also in lategame.
The passive aura could be changed to something cool like:
What don't hurt you makes you stronger. Gimli's attack damage increases by 5% for each 10% missing life [PASSIVE]
you could also increase attack speed or lower the damage taken.
same about the ulti. make it percentage, maybe reduce damage taken by 30% and increase damage dealt by 30%, or add an additional ability like a passive bash in avatar form (or cleave attack).
What i noticed is that if you use your thunder clap, the map lags heavily. That could have 2 reasons, either the trigger has some mistake or is very unefficient, or its just the crater deformation, which i would always remove.

overall the map has a lot of potential and its lots of fun to play,and as i can see, the map is under heavy progress, so i cant wait to see more content

EDIT: i send you the icons, take a look at it :)

Level 10
I tried out the map and here is my review:
the new interface including UI and command buttons just looks amazing. same as the terrain, but i think i already said that :p
Hero Review: Gimli
I noticed many things, the hero reminds me too much on the normal mountain king, some more custom abilities would make it more exciting. Something like.. changing the hammer throw that it bounces on targets 2 times for example. also, the hammer throw should have an increased STR-Multiplier per level instead of the static x2.5, like thunderclap has it. Same to the Iron Rage. change it to percentage damage, otherwise the ability will be somehow useless on very high level. I'd recommend to do it like that:
Increases the damage of Gimli by 50% for:
-Level 1: 8 seconds
-Level 2: 10 seconds
-Level 3: 12 seconds
-Level 4 : 14 secods
That will make the ability useful in early game, but also in lategame.
The passive aura could be changed to something cool like:
What don't hurt you makes you stronger. Gimli's attack damage increases by 5% for each 10% missing life [PASSIVE]
you could also increase attack speed or lower the damage taken.
same about the ulti. make it percentage, maybe reduce damage taken by 30% and increase damage dealt by 30%, or add an additional ability like a passive bash in avatar form (or cleave attack).
What i noticed is that if you use your thunder clap, the map lags heavily. That could have 2 reasons, either the trigger has some mistake or is very unefficient, or its just the crater deformation, which i would always remove.

overall the map has a lot of potential and its lots of fun to play,and as i can see, the map is under heavy progress, so i cant wait to see more content

EDIT: i send you the icons, take a look at it :)

wow thank you a lot, your icons are amazing... i liked it a lot ^^
and i will work on something better for gimli them! :D

Level 1
Hey Galactcus do you still work on this map?

I gave it 15 minutes and i think it has great potential. The good thing is that your map is based on something which means it has principles based on which you develop the world/heroes/skills etc, thats good!
I like the fact that there are many items to choose from and skills are based on different attributes. This gives room for build diversity.
One thing i think you should remove are the permanent +stats books.