• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost in Outland (3)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lost in Outland
By Jas.per

Map Info
Presenting Jas.per's 1st meele map Lost in outland ive gotten the idea when I was creating map for Hero Contest #6

Features
The map is really. Only 4 gold mines 1 gold mine is available to control the middle area are filled with neutral hostile 7 creep camp.

Some Stuff
1 Hero tavern at the middle
2 goblin merchant's
1 Nether Dragon roost
1 Mercenary Camp (outland)
1 Goblin Labratory
1 Market place
Note : All of these are in the middle. and surrounded by monsters.

Screen Shots
216409-albums5915-picture62679.jpg

Keywords:
outland, jas.per, naruto, meele, cool, high-tech, new, old, awesome,lost in outland, lost, in, outland, out, land, floating rocks, undead, human, orc,
Contents

Lost in Outland (3) (Map)

Reviews
21:19, 30th Nov 2012 Orcnet: see my comment

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I have to agree with sonofjay. It is not good idea to put that many neural passive buildings to same place. I think no one map even should have all of them.

Also the map lay out is unbalanced. The teal players way to the bonus gold mine is much longer and more dangerous than for example reds. Also the lumber resources are not balanced. Player two has much less wood resources than player one. Also player three's lumber is in one corner which is unfair while played with nigh elves. Also there is huge advantage for player one in the base size. He has a lot more space to build than player three. Also player two's gold mine is blocking huge area of the building space because it is in the center of the base.

Also I think there could be more different tiles used.

- All based on the image, say if I am wrong.

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

I absolutely agree to both comments above me...
The map is very random and trashy. The raging gust all over the map is intriguing to the setting but everything else feels wrong.

The creeps are scattered all over the map and the mid center is utterly weird. And so goes for distribution of doodads such as trees and the floating rocks, they are somewhat floating above the base and it is distracting. Layout is indeed unsymmetric and unbalanced to gameplay...

Just a suggestion though, the playable map is somewhat small and I would really suggest go for a bigger and flexible map. The thought of making a 3 player map is appreciated though.

No Rating from me till I see improvement

Level 30
majority goes to the user's review, but fortunately I got my time to test this, gameplay is hardly impossible to win and I will point the middle part of the map since it contains too many strong creep units that can turn your strategic into a hapless deploy, terrain is very plain and scrambled with unnecessary doodads, and I don't understand why you have to put all of the neutral buildings in the middle? you should understand the limits of neutral buildings and how to use it especially when the map is small and contains 2-3 players in count, I hope you can remake this map into a balanced way, try reading tuts in this site on how to stabilize a good melee map, hope you understand, good luck :)

also I made a demo to see how I checked your map

Attachments

• wa.w3g
    51.4 KB · Views: 94
  • WC3ScrnShot_113012_203009_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_113012_203009_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • WC3ScrnShot_113012_203359_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_113012_203359_02.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 112
  • WC3ScrnShot_113012_203502_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_113012_203502_03.jpg