• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord Of The Rings:Conquest my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty i picked up a copy of LOTR Conquest yesterday (14th)because it was supposed to be in stores in Canada on 13th but i was wrong.

Ok my thoughts:

I like how they made it like battlefront with 2 different campaigns
War Of The Ring-You are on the side of good where you attack/defend bases mostly defending.

Rise Of Sauron-Now this was cool.You play as evil in campaign.Though there were several things that disapointed me but ill go into that later on.

You play as 4 classes with their pros and cons

Warrior-A melee unit that is good in close range combat
Archer-The ranged unit with his bow and arrow which has the ability to shoot multi arrows,poison arrows,and fire/bomb arrows.
Scout-The scout is more like a rogue from WoW it is a stealth unit that can cloak,go behind an enemy,instant kill him by pressing one button on your controller.
Mage-This is like a wizard that can cast a bubble shield around him to stop projectiles from hitting him also such as lightning,shock blast(YOU SHALL NOT PASS!)and a fire ball.

They really did well when they designed levels where only specific classes are allowed.Like the first level Helms Deep you can either be a Rohan Warrior or a Lorien archer.Also you have the choice to play as a hero and the thing i love about it is that theres no timed life like in Battlefront the hero dies over time but not in this game buddy!.

The things that dissapoint me are:
In helms deep the uruk hai you are fighting they dont look like uruk hai.Ill tell you this.They put different types of enemies.There are grunts which just die in 2 hits and there are the other types.The grunts in helms deep dissapointed me so much.They should look like these guys and if you see the video they look much different.
3717.jpg
thats what they should look like.
Also the levels start at the bad time like in minas tirith you should start from the beggining like 1.siege towers>Main gate>support>retreat>
instead you start when they break the main gate.They should have re created the movie like we wanna RELIVE IT!Theres a whole bunch i could list heres the video of what the crappy uruk hai they made look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3VC0bJKbc
Post what you thought of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.