• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lord of the Rings AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi there,
some time ago, I started creating a LotR AoS, but stopped working on it due to multiple reasons. I restarted this project some days ago. It is in really early stages, so I sadly cannot show you any content. It's just code until now, I created some systems that will speed up the progress later.

What i need is a terrainer, and what you should know:
-The terrain will have basic warcraft cliffs.
-You can import some custom models, but it's limited due to the fact that most of the LotR hero models need to be imported.
-It doesn't have to be too detailed, it should be fitting to an AoS-kind of map.
-It would be cool if you actually like LotR ;) and suggestions are always appreciated.
-It's not like you have to be super experienced, remember, it is only an AoS.

I know that the current information of the map is poor, but I still hope that someone is willing to work with me on this project ;)

You can ask me any question about this project and I hope i can answer you :goblin_yeah:

Level 19
GIMLI can i work with you on this? i love lotr i played LOTR bfme 1 for years. i do also have a lurtz model with bow.

I have a modeller and terrainer that can help. i pay him some for terrain. Hes name is AProject.

here some of hes project.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/iceborn-v1-9-a-250997/?prev=search=iceborn&d=list&r=20

btw i wana be part if i can have some ideas into this. And it should be fun high quality project. if not i do my own instead :p

He can also do models. skins etc.

My idea is to make many diffrent places in a AoS map. so u see for example shire rivendell and other places like Cirith ungol.

Also i have 2 coders 1 is APorject and HappyTauren.

Also i wana know what ur ideas are.

Level 17
Well, first of all, thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

btw i wana be part if i can have some ideas into this
Of course i will discuss everything with my "team"

And it should be fun high quality project. if not i do my own instead :p
I always want high quality, I always give my best on creating triggers and try to make them as efficient as possible

My idea is to make many diffrent places in a AoS map. so u see for example shire rivendell and other places like Cirith ungol.
that's a really good idea, i just dont know how you would do that (of course you can always use map boundaries, but they will mess up the minimap, which is quite important for an AoS)

APorject and HappyTauren
Well, are you serious? :D
I just cannot imagine that these 2 will participate in a project that has basically nothing to show until now. And of course, i know those guys.

Also i wana know what ur ideas are.
Until now, i am creating a more advanced stat system than usual wc3 has. (Nearly) everything will be triggered so i can handle specific events better (like OnHit events, Missile, and so on... you probably know what i mean)
It's not planned to be an AoS where you just kill tons of enemies, it should be a dynamic and clear gameplay with cool abilities.
Items and stuff should be from the LotR lore, at least the stronger and unique ones.
And of course, there should be many elements that differ from DotA!

if you have further questions, feel free to ask them ;)

Level 19
yes exactually it should be not spawning 200 units. shall be balanced. And i meaned diffrent areas. Lets say if we make a dota line template. Then we can make places in the terrain that looks like shire and other places. I will talk to AProject :) i just need to finish 1 thing first.

Attachments

• lurtz model.zip
    254.4 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.