• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Tools for 1.26 WE That Disable Doodad/Destructible Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm working a sort of, "World of Warcraft"-style map along the same veins of Dark Ages/Azeroth Wars but focuses more on the actual lore of Warcraft and role-playing than just game-play itself. Everything's going swimmingly until I run into the most minor and annoying of problems: the Doodad/Destructible Limit won't let me save. At this point I've resorted to throwing the Starting Locations in the right spot and getting rid of trees and doodads everywhere I won't really need them or they don't fit in the context of Azeroth's geography, but I keep coming up short and I'm running out of things I can get rid of.

I know it won't debilitate my gameplay if the extras are there: DaoW and Azeroth Wars does things complex far beyond what I want to do - which is basically a map for me and my RP buddies to play on when we're bored - and this minor thing is keeping me from being able to save the map after I've spent so long not just getting the geography and buildables right, but creating custom units w/ models. I virtually am on the cusp of the last (and arguably funnest) part of doing Custom Maps before it's ready to see the light of day (placing down the units and buildings, putting the icing on the cake, etc.). :ogre_rage:

I've tried using UWMSE, WEU, and a host of other tools until I realized they all would work fine - if I wasn't on 1.26. Naturally I don't want to really start over and re-patch the entire game. Does anyone know of some current versions of WEU I can use for my maps? Heck, if anyone knows of a way I can get into the game's coding and just rip out the doodad and unit limits (which I'm sure will be its own problem soon), I'd be grateful for even that.

I'm virtually stuck until I find a solution to this. I'm going to try one last time after I post this to get rid of as many things from the map as I can so I can at least save it. In the meantime, any and all suggestions for an updated tool or mod I can use to get rid of these annoying and unnecessary limitations would be much obliged. :goblin_good_job:

Here's to hoping I get some useful responses!

Level 2
I don't really know my way around here; a direct link would be very helpful. I'm pretty lost on this site; so much stuff!

Level 2
Got it, followed it and tried to download it. Downloaded with one of those files that's just a piece of paper for an icon. No install program, no open file location, no nothing. Where do I go from here?

Level 2
Tried iZarc, and it kept saying it extracted the file to my WC3 folder but it was nowhere to be seen. Even searched by system for it: not even a file in that name. It just doesn't seem to want to work with 7zip. The file's not even going to a containing folder on my computer. WTF?

Level 2
There's no file named "NewGen WE" on my computer, either.

I tried re-installing iZarc. Same results as before: nothing.

I tried googling that and using it but I had the exact same result: see it in the Download list, can't access it or do anything with it.

Try downloading from this link instead:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/jassnewgenpack-5d-227445/

You should be able to unzip the file natively since it is in a .ZIP archive.

For the iZarc issue, I'm guessing it is some permissions issue (run as admin). You can also try unzipping it to something like your Downloads folder or your Desktop, and then move it to your Wc3 folder manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.