• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
well ill test it just post ur map here e-mail it to me or something
(I can be easily turned away from an rpg so it better be good xD)

Level 9
Sure mate I am more than up for it except a review in whatever time it takes to finish :p
Review.
Alright I played the Shaman (I played alone so the gameplay review will not be so good)

Now the I liked the terrain though it needed more variation. Since you only used three types all over (Exception of Blight, Cobble path & Crops, yet again these weren't really used that much) I hope you see my point about this one.
Now some of the bridges was really weird(You can see screenshots), I was actually like saying to myself "Did this guy forget to check these things or was he high on crack or doesn't his sight work well". Also I believe you have made the map itself too big since there is alot of space which isn't used.
And now here comes the one which takes/gives alot of my points for terrain. Its the work with lower/raise tool:
Now you have made some insanely huge hills at some places(When you look ingame) and also the water!! you have made the blizzard cliff version which looks just horrible and also you have used blizzard cliffs when you can make some awesome terrain out of raise/lower
I recommend these tutorials for terrain improvement:
Lake/Water(Pretty ones)Overall terrain improving

Now since I played alone I couldn't get all of the experience but it should do. Now as for the shaman; He had no new spells making him somewhat boring. Now as a hero I really didn't have anything to do than run around I couldn't find any info the quest log to tell me what do, this you should add. I think you should remove people being heroes and just make them all into nations who fight each other.

Now when I saw your map at the map section(I only downloaded to do this) I really didn't find it attractive, I suggest you get a custom loading screen(there is a thread where you can post the image and get them to add text if you want (they also do minimap previews)) Link to making a custom loadingscreen/getting it to work. The description was not really drawing me in either, I highly suggest you read Ap0calypse's description tutorial

Terrain: 6/20
Gameplay: 7/20 (I added 5 because I was playing alone)
Special effects & other: 3/20
Screenshots will be added abit later since I don't have time to find the ones that show it the most

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.