• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for someone able to read/write Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well what I'm "working on" is translating a chinese map into english. I talked to the creator and he would like to have it translated but doesn't feel his map is ready at this point. He said he'd like to hear ideas though and would like to talk to my translator. None of my chinese friends want to cooperate so I'm pretty much out of luck. If you're wondering how I talked to the guy I used google translator to make a topic on their chinese website :mwahaha: ........but no one could understand what I was saying (I pictured them just staring at my post like this :eekani:) I had to make a second post where I took extra time carefully translating and double checking the wording just so they could BARELY understand what I was saying :hohum:

The thing is the map has spell combos (secret moves executed by comboing spells) and item recipes that english WC3 players have to guess to figure out. So what I'd like to do is simply make a translation of their newest version just so we have something to play in the meantime. As soon as new players play the map for the first time they don't even want to give the map the chance it deserves, but those that do give it a chance love the map. The way I see it if Fate/Stay Night and Hokage Ninja could be translated why not this map? It's just as good and deserves some attention. It looks like if I don't try to get a translation going it'll never happen.

This is the link to the map's official website and to the thread with the newest version »ªÀöµÄ»ðÓ°Ë«±ß¾¹¼¼!!¡þHYPC¼²·ç»ÃÏë1.45¡þ - »ðÓ°PC - U9ÉçÇø ħÊÞRPGÁªÃË|ħÊÞÕù°Ô|ħÊÞµØͼ|ħÊÞ¹¥ÂÔ|ħÊÞRPG|ħÊÞÏÂÔØ|ħÊÞÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz!

The map is at the bottom of the very first post next to the winrar icon (the stack of pink green and blue books).

Attachments

• NARUTO_HYPC[1.45].w3x
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.