• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for mappers! $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am currently looking for mappers for a new project, not just one map but tons.
We are not just asking you to volunteer but you will be paid upon completion of the map! (Normally $5-$10). You are allowed to work on your own projects, help others with theirs or begin a community project that can be edited and worked on by all members.

Needed members right now:
(2) Trigger Editors (GUI & JASS) $
(1) Terrain Editor $
(1) Model Editor $
(2) Site Moderators (Make sure everything on the website follows the rules and guidelines) Volunteered
(2) Object Editors
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Please comment below or fill out an app @ slayergamestudios.webs.com
History:
Me and 5 others started this site almost a year ago, with hopes to revamp the way warcraft III projects were made. With most of us having issues and life and not being able to proceed with this project on a regular basis it was abandoned. This last week have have worked tremendously to get this project up and going again.

Requirements:
You must submit proof of your work (A simple map that proves your proficiency in the category).
You are able to work on your own time and on your own pace on the maps.
You must tell what you are working on in the project.
That's all, so if you are looking for some fun and a little extra money, then head on over and check us out or comment below!

Level 4
Its not so much a already started massive project as a multitude of people coming up with one and completing it. The payment would be for sticking with this one project, contributing to it and making sure it finishes and works properly. So yes you get paid, when the map is finished.

Level 11
Its not so much a already started massive project as a multitude of people coming up with one and completing it. The payment would be for sticking with this one project, contributing to it and making sure it finishes and works properly. So yes you get paid, when the map is finished.

So we get paid $5-10 per map, or when the project is completed?
If its per map, then lets do a little calculation.

$5 - 10 per map, so the average is 7.5. We'll use this number.

There is a total of 8 humans you're recruiting and paying.

And by 'massive' we'll compare it to The Chosen Ones campaign, which has 22 maps.

7.5 * 8 * 22 = $1320

Note that if you pay us when the project is completed, $7.5 per human, its still $60 out of your pocket. However, this 'massive' project would probably take say, 20 hours of my time coding. The minimum wage where I live is $5.15, and $5.15 * 20h = $103, so during this project I'd make .375 cents per hour, if it actually took 20 hours.

The cash value for this is just a nice bonus at most, unless you truly plan on paying $600+ for this.

If you do, then that's great.
If you don't plan on paying a good sum of cash, then this should not be a deciding factor for recruitment, and honestly shouldn't be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.