• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for a Terrainer (And Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Project: [Black] (unnamed but let's just call it that for now.)

About: A tactical top-view shooter that features a physics engine. The physics engine is capable of simulating projectiles and basic physics on objects. The goal of the game is a 6v6 of either CTF, Death match, or anything else we can think of. If you've ever played Elimination Tournament, it has similar gameplay.

Scene: A modern landscape that has been torn apart by war. Destroyed remnants of a civilized world lay in the path of two opposing teams.

Terrain: Since the terrain plays a role in the interaction with the projectiles, a good terrain is key. Environmental objects can be shot through, at, or even be part of the collision. Imagine throwing a grenade behind a car, having the explosion slam the car into an opponent. In all I'm looking for a terrainer who could put together arenas that could take full advantage of the physics engine. For inspiration terrainers should look at modern fps' such as CoD, Halo, and Gears.
For a video of how the physics system works, view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFR5traIXks

Want to get involved? A terrainer or not, this project needs the commitment of talented players. Reply here or pm me for more information! I would like to see a beta by June at the latest because most of the game is already made. Any artists that are looking to do work involving modern war scenes would be amazing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.