• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long time no terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
It's been a while!

I'll let you guys figure out the narrative here for yourselves!

Attachments

• Forest Glade.png
    Forest Glade.png
    2 MB · Views: 290
Level 36
It's an eco a cappella concert for the forest, and the forest is diggin' it.

-

I really, really like it, and yet at the same time I am left feeling there's something
to be desired from this one. Maybe it's the overall monotony of the piece (mostly grey)
or maybe it's something else. Either way, it just doesn't feel complete, and I'm having
a hard time fingering what.

The details are sublime, my favourite being the tilted plank for the bench, such
peculiarities is sex to my eyes, and you know it.

The only things I'd like to see changed, is somehow a little more colour, and I honestly
do find it odd how darkly that unit model is tinted, standing in the spotlight like that and
all.

Riko Takigara steps out of the cabin feeling dejected. Her elders don't seem to notice her. She reaches out for affection, yet it is never reciprocated. In spite of all her efforts, she gets nothing more than scoffs and passing glances. Her world feels dark and meaningless. She steps forward into the flowers. A breeze passes over, and suddenly... a beam of light shines from the sky. "Perhaps this is a sign that I should try harder!", she thinks. Senpai may not have noticed her, but sun-pai did.

(✿ ♥‿♥)

-------

Man that terrain is awesome! Your atmosphere is consistently a distinguishing factor--I don't know how you make it look so good. The colors used are gorgeous, and I really like how you use lighting to emphasize the focal point (pretty tough to do in wc3!).

The environment is amazingly natural as well. You're honestly probably too good for wc3. It takes a lot of work to make a terrain that is impressive in both a wc3 context and in a general context. Do more pls.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thanks, guys!

The only things I'd like to see changed, is somehow a little more colour, and I honestly do find it odd how darkly that unit model is tinted, standing in the spotlight like that and all.
The effect from the animated DNC light model makes the adding of more colours a bit of a chore. Some lighting models I usually rely on don't show in the editor at all. :(

If I open it up again, I may revisit trying different light models.

Oh and the unit is tinted down because of the lacking texture quality. Believe me, you don't want that undone.

Man that terrain is awesome! Your atmosphere is consistently a distinguishing factor--I don't know how you make it look so good. The colors used are gorgeous, and I really like how you use lighting to emphasize the focal point (pretty tough to do in wc3!).

The environment is amazingly natural as well. You're honestly probably too good for wc3. It takes a lot of work to make a terrain that is impressive in both a wc3 context and in a general context. Do more pls.
<3 This warms the cockles of my heart!

beautiful terrain,where did you get these doodads mod?
They're pretty much all included in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/ultimate-terraining-map-4-0-a-252232/, aside from a few assets that are from XGM.guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.