• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lomacar's spell ideas Volume III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Here are some more ideas!

Chain Reaction Corpse Explosion (Area Targeted?)

I think I saw a corpse explosion spell already but I didn't check it out, anyway I bet it didn't have the feature that after the initial (larger) explosion other corpses nearby can be "set off" as well. So after a big battle with corpses lying all about and just a few stragglers waiting to teleport away you could do some nasty finishing touches on your opponent. There should be a damage cap on this I imagine.

Fire & Ice (Ultimate, Summoned)

Perhaps this is a little crazy, maybe you will like it. What it does is summon two elementals, Fire and Ice. The fire elemental would leave a burning trail wherever it goes (I have seen this effect done somewhere), enemies who step on this trail or who are attacked by the fire dude will catch fire like the phoenix attack and take damage over time. The ice elemental would have a cold aura and a cold attack with your typical cold symptoms (slowness). The special thing about these two elementals would be that their effects, burning and coldness, would cancel each other out if they both try to effect one unit. Also, if one dies the other dies with it (restoring equlibrium of course.)

I think having the Dragon Hawk Cloud effect attached underneath the ice elemental would nicely portray the cold aura. These elementals could be re-skinned copies of the water elemental.

Night Mare (Summoned)

Summons an ethereal and magic resistant horse which can only exist at night. It has no attack but simply has an aura that effects enemy units, lowering their armor and causing them to miss. It could also be used as a scout unit, having a large sight radius, fast movement speed and detecting invisible units.

X Damage (Unit Targeted Buff)

Pretty simple, places a buff on a unit which causes it to do multiplied damage which lasts for say 5 hits (like the Mountain Giant tree club) or 20 seconds, whichever ends first. Either the multiplier or the duration of the buff would increase with level. Critical Strike at %100 chance to strike can be used for the multiplier, but I'm not sure about having the buff wear out after use OR time. This spell should not be self-targetable.

Clone (Unit Targeted, Summoned sort of)

Another simple one (less is more!). Duplicates an enemy unit, abilities and all, giving it to the casting player but with an expiration timer. The experation time increase with each level. This should not work on heroes or peons. Yes I can make this myself, I just thought I would share the idea.

Solar Power (Aura)

This aura gives affected units increased HP and mana regeneration during the day.

Wave of Destruction
(Ultimate)

Like the TC's Shockwave ability on steroids. Basically covering a wider and longer area and, here is the tricky part, throwing units backwards or willy nilly, thrown in some stunning as well how about. I know I have seen plenty of request for spells involving sliding or pushing or throwing units, but I have yet to see a spell that does this. Well I did see a jumping spell awhile back where the Pandaren Brewmaster could leap large distances through the air while doing flips...

Lightning Storm (Ultimate)

Like an autocast chain lightning. When the spell is started the hero begins shooting out lighting rapidly to any nearby hostile units. The hero is still free to go on with everything else as usual. After a fair while the spell shuts down.

Manifestation (Ultimate or regular Summoned)

A summoned unit that is either invulnerable (if its an Ultimate) or automatically spirit-linked to the hero so long as it stays near the hero.

Level 7
nice ideas, would like to make some of them but i'm on vacation for three weeks

Level 3
More nice spells Lomacar! I think I will do...

Chain Reaction Corpse Explosion... I was thinking (dead) unit targeted, though.
I might do Night Mare just for the aura.
X Damage should be pretty ez using custom vals
Clone is simple... Unless I'm trying to get a better expiation timer then "Timed Life"

I will let other people do the rest of them, espescially WoD. I have an idea for this, but... yeah... if no1 else takes it then I will.

Level 7
Im going to make the chain lightning one.

I can tell you how to make the courpse explosion since it is easy.

Make it off the raise skeleton skill. Change the unit summoned to a custom unit and give the the AOE damage on death ability, and the Locust ability. Make him last only .01 second and there you go, spell done.

I will PM you when I have the chain lightning spell done.

-EDIT-

I will also see if I can make the Solar one.

Level 9
For the Fire & Ice trail, you could create dummy units with the appropriate models. The units will have an expiration timer (5 seconds, maybe?) and a permanent immolation ability.

You could use a periodic event to pick every enemy unit in range and then detect its buffs to decide what to do next.

You can get fire and ice elemental models in the models section.

~The_Raven

Level 9
leissaK said:
Im going to make the chain lightning one.

I can tell you how to make the courpse explosion since it is easy.

Make it off the raise skeleton skill. Change the unit summoned to a custom unit and give the the AOE damage on death ability, and the Locust ability. Make him last only .01 second and there you go, spell done.

I will PM you when I have the chain lightning spell done.

Your solution wouldn't explode multiple corpses.

~The_Raven

Level 3
No, it wouldn't. The point about the spell is to make other corpses explode. I.E. You target a corpse or an area of corpses and they explode
Then all the corpses in range of those corpses explode
And so on until you cap it so the entire map doesn't explode.

It's great that you are thinking, though.

Level 3
Raven - I'm having strange troubles with Chain corpse explosion. If you wanted to give it a shot you could... The trouble with mine is apparently the units must die as a result of the explosion in order for it to continue exploding, and testing to make sure that units are dead doesn't work. :? I'm stumped.

Level 9
1) Use a Raise Dead ability to create a summoned unit with an explosion model, AoE damage upon death, and a life of .01.
2) Use triggers to detect when that unit dies and to pick a random unit within range that is dead.
3) Create a dummy caster to cast a dummy version of the original ability on the picked corpse.

~The_Raven

Level 9
Made Chain Corpse Explosion. Since it is so simple, I'm not going to post it. If anyone wants it, give me your e-mail and I will send you a prototype, which has no limits on how many corpses can be exploded. Tweak it as you wish; you don't even have to give me credit.

~The_Raven

Level 3
What do you mean you can't mod anymore?! :shock:

That lightning spell by leissaK isn't what I wanted. The effect should be that you press the button for the ability, chain lighting begins spewing forth automatically and repeatedly to any enemy units nearby, the hero can still run around, attack whoever, even cast other spells. Eventually the spell runs out. It could be like imolation, where it drains mana, I haven't seen an ultimate like that...

Level 7
Sorry Lomacar.. I tried.. I am not really the best spell maker ever, but there are other people in here that could problably make what you want. But I am still proud of my accomplishments so far Since I have joined in here.

Level 3
:( ill stop by the site tho, in hopes of regaining my "privelege". It might happen, maybe not. My parents took my wc3 cd (both of them), and they only let me have it for projects that I am working on. They are very strange... Something about me being too "into" wc3 but needing to show responsibility for things that I am doing... don't ask me :?

Status
Not open for further replies.