• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Crazy Spell Idea's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I was playing Binders 2.00 and I thought, "hey wouldn't it be cool if we could "combine spells" ?!"
And my friend was like yea that would be sweet, so now were making a map like Builders and Fighters,Binders and Sorta Knights and Kings style map!

See this is what I want to try to happend.

A unit aquires an item.

Item = 2 "Learn Fire Bolt"
Unit = 2 (lets say) "Villager"

Remove "Learn Fire Bolt"
Give unit spell "Fire Bolt"
(do somthing weird so the game knows the unit has fire ball.

Ok next trigger

A unit aquires an item.

Item = 2 "Learn Ice Nova"
Unit = 2 (lets say) "Villager"

Remove "Learn Ice Nova"
Give unit spell "Ice Nova"
(do somthing weird so the game knows the unit has ice nova.Pretty similiar to the fire bolt spell but marks the unit so it knows it has Ice Nova instead of fire bolt.

{This may be the tricky part}

A Unit enter's region A.

Unit = Villager
Number of villagers = to "Two"
Number of units = 2 "Spell Bind" to "One"
Villager 1 has fire bolt
Villager 2 has Ice Nova

Remove 2 {both} villagers and 1 Spell Bind" from the region A.

Create unit named "Mage"
(now this is where the game knows that the 2 villagers have fire bolt and ice nova)
Give "Mage" "Glacier Ray".

Glacier Ray= Fire Bolt + Ice Nova
(Deals damage and also slows target)

This is what I want to happend, it seems pretty complicated to me but, I KNOW SOM1 out thier can help me!

P.S-If you know how to do this could u show it in a map so I can easily see what u did copy and paste it and then play around with it mabye making it a bigger more complex spell combining system.Any way's thx for reading this and TRYING to take an intrest

-Wolf1on1

Level 2
ok well first, you will need mroe than one trigger... What you are trying to do in pretty much like dota only with spells and units, take a look at a non protected dota map.... go to there clan site and ask em for a non protected one..... when they give you one IF they give you one, cheak the triggers out but change them for accisibility to units n spells.

PS if your doing spells then heres a lil cool tip, on the buffs you ban make a firbold travel in a aline then behind it make a flmae strike or a clasp, its realy cool, i make a DBZ map with it and it wuz the spell Kamehameha...
gl with your map man..

Status
Not open for further replies.