• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

lock unit in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i want to make a unit with 2 forms:
1 form can move, the other one not
the form, that cant move, must still be able to turn, when it attacks, which is not possible, if i just reduce movement speed to 0 (then its kinda a building)
if i lock it in place with ensnare, then it cant use robogoblin ability anymore, which i am using to switch between the 2 forms
i thought of solving it by using "channel" as dummy and then changing forms with "chaos", but i heard, that chaos is buggy

Level 9
sure it still can turn if you set movementspeed to 0 and let the turn rate as it is Oo did that several times and never had a problem...

Level 33
sure it still can turn if you set movementspeed to 0
Are you joking, or being sarcastic ?
Setting movement speed of a unit to 0 will make that unit unable to turn any longer.
But this case does not affect the unit's Attack/Cast spell.
It will still attack units (even the enemy unit is at behind), it will play attack animation and damage is normal, the only weird thing is that the unit does not turn while attack/cast spell.

@69stehend
Okay I provided a test map, take a look.
If you're ok with that approach, I will make it as you want it (the changing form bla bla)

Attachments

• test16.w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 47
Level 7
thx for your suggestion, but im looking for a more "perfect" solution (that the unit just gets moved back whenever it tries to moves doesnt look very good in game)

i'll try it with chaos for the first

Level 7
ah, a good function^^ thx :)
what real do i set when i want to make the unit moveable again?

EDIT: found out that i can use probably any real greater or equals 1

but what exactly does that function do?

Level 33
Oh yeah, SetUnitPropWindow renders unit to be immobile (if set to 0) while allowing the unit to still turn around and face enemy unit.

While the movement-stop imitates like my trigger, but this one will give you the best and more efficient result.

ah, a good function^^ thx :)
what real do i set when i want to make the unit moveable again?
GetUnitDefaultPropWindow(whichUnit)
Use that function to restore the value for each unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.