• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

lock body-part (arm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HI guys, Id like to know how do i use the trigger "Animation - Lock Body Part Facing" for arms or legs, since the trigger only has chest or head as presets... i searched a lot and didnt find a thread saying how to do this, so im counting on you ppl.

thx, laiozatt.

Level 2
i want to make the unit's right arm (for example) point to a direction, like above, not to attach a sword to the unit's hand.

Level 25
You need to make an animation (model editing), that you then activate with triggers (animation - play animation).

I think you're better off with unit - make unit face point over 0.5 seconds.

There is a way to do that, in case you don't use the model's head. Each model has a bone_head or bone_turret. Bone_Head is the one that the trigger action you posted is referring to. If you only intend to go for the arm, you can rename the head's bone to something random and find which bone is connected to the arm; then, rename that bone as bone_head. All you need afterwards is a realistic way of moving a dummy unit upwards, where the unit that has "that" arm should look at.
You will need MDLX to make these changes and Warcraft III Model Editor to find the appropriate bone for the arm (most models have a proper naming of bones, so it shouldn't be confusing); the edits will be performed through Notepad. Both programs mentioned are in our Tools' section, under the Modelling category.

Since it can be a bit unpredictable, if it is not done properly, I'd highly recommend you requested an animation for that (probably a stand - alternate).

Level 2
There is a way to do that, in case you don't use the model's head. Each model has a bone_head or bone_turret. Bone_Head is the one that the trigger action you posted is referring to. If you only intend to go for the arm, you can rename the head's bone to something random and find which bone is connected to the arm; then, rename that bone as bone_head. All you need afterwards is a realistic way of moving a dummy unit upwards, where the unit that has "that" arm should look at.
You will need MDLX to make these changes and Warcraft III Model Editor to find the appropriate bone for the arm (most models have a proper naming of bones, so it shouldn't be confusing); the edits will be performed through Notepad. Both programs mentioned are in our Tools' section, under the Modelling category.

Since it can be a bit unpredictable, if it is not done properly, I'd highly recommend you requested an animation for that (probably a stand - alternate).

woah, that explains a lot, thx man, ill try to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.