• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Load next map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have yet to hear of a map doing this outside the campaign so it might not be possible.

The principle as far as I can see is you set the next load screen to an image (and its accompanying attributes like scale) and then you simply set next map to a valid map object. The problem may be finding a valid map object to load next. Also how does it deal with the downloads required?.

Level 3
What about:
Actions:
Game - set next map to Map File
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I click on Map File, it brings up the Value and it is asking for a string. How would I enter a string for a map I have already published?
Does this action even work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When I click on Map File, it brings up the Value and it is asking for a string. How would I enter a string for a map I have already published?
In its example use it was Campaign/MapName. Obviously maps are not in the Campaign folder. Thus it will eithor be some folder structure/mapname or it will be just the mapname.

Does this action even work?
I have yet to experience evidence of it working online firsthand. It definatly does work in the campaigns.

Level 27
Yes, I guess you could upload a bunch of maps, ad so make them like "Adventures of Rim Jainor: Part1", then Part 2 and Part 3. If payer plays part 2 or any other before completing part 1, he gets a message that he cannot play this because he firstly has to complete the part 1. After he completes part 1, he can play part 2, and after playing 2 he can go play part 3...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If payer plays part 2 or any other before completing part 1, he gets a message that he cannot play this because he firstly has to complete the part 1. After he completes part 1, he can play part 2, and after playing 2 he can go play part 3...
A better solution would be to give him a generic state for that mission. This lets him play that mission but still encourages him to play mission 1 for a non generic state. Also generic states should not generate a state for the next mission, thus again encouraging a complete playthrough.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A bank can be used to store data between map sessions. Banks are stored on your hard disk and syncronized during map load. Banks are stored unique to each publisher (so overwriting banks from other authors is impossible).

Banks are limited in size. Storing too much in banks can cause problems (like people failing to load your map).

Level 3
In its example use it was Campaign/MapName. Obviously maps are not in the Campaign folder. Thus it will eithor be some folder structure/mapname or it will be just the mapname.

I have yet to experience evidence of it working online firsthand. It definatly does work in the campaigns.

Didn't work
I think I'll just hyperlink a site that will contain all of the map downloads or something...
Can you hyperlink something on a SC2 custom game???

Status
Not open for further replies.