• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Living Statue

The first model that I actually finish:)

This is an animated model of the good old warcraft3 shieldless statue doodad :)
Has a portrait animation and camera.

Please give me a lot of credits if you use it
Do not redistribute or edit this model without consent(from me)!

Suggested in game values
Blend Time 0.30
Cast Point 0.600
walk/run speed 160
projectile impact Z 200
damage point 0.625
range 200
speed base 160
turn rate 0.10

Keywords:
statue, golem, mimic, knight
Contents

Living Statue (Model)

Reviews
21:30, 25th Jul 2012 Tarrasque: I like the animations, gives the feeling that the statue is very heavy. Works well just make it clear in the description that the model has a camera and the pedestal should not be used as the portrait. Changes made...

M

21:30, 25th Jul 2012
Tarrasque: I like the animations, gives the feeling that the statue is very heavy. Works well just make it clear in the description that the model has a camera and the pedestal should not be used as the portrait.
Changes made. Aproved.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Fairly useful, now all we need is one with a shield to =P *hint hint* *wink wink* *cough cough*

Level 11
Oh man...I am DEFINITELY using this in my map!
I think I am going to give it a morphing ability similar to burrow so that it can also turn into a statue that looks inconspicuous :p

Combined with the pedestal, this is a pretty awesome model. Having seemingly harmless decorations start to kill unsuspecting first-time players is always fun. This, the killer chest, a pile of treasure that turns into a soldier, and a dinner table and chairs that assemble into a golem, all come together into a nice surprise. Somebody should definitely make a haunted house where everything tries to kill you.

Level 8
I ve been waiting 1 year for someone to make a living statue! it is an AT LAST for me (been in my idea for 1 year (since i saw many models)... i was supposed to make a living statue... but too bad i dont know modeling)
I realllyyyyyyyyy Like it!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! REputation!!!!

Level 14
You will need to upload both of them to your map, than in the WE place the pedestal and place the statue right in front of it(both must have the same facing angle). Give the statue some sort of morphing ability its alternate form will stand on the pedestal.
When you want just order the statue to use its morphing ability.

Last edited:
Level 8
What do you mean?
Do you want me to change the animation names so that while the statue is standing motionless it is in its normal animation and while it is active it is in its alternate animations?

When i morph it, from statue mode to living mode, he acts like he comes down from its pedestral, which is cool, but after he finishes walking down the pedestral he "teleports" back up...

Level 8
Very useful. Well done and thanks :)

EDIT: OMG it looks just like the statue. I LOVE the morph and the stand alternate animations. Very creative.

Level 2
Oh man...I am DEFINITELY using this in my map!
I think I am going to give it a morphing ability similar to burrow so that it can also turn into a statue that looks inconspicuous :p

Brilliant man!

I'm tyring this right now but i can't figure out how to get it to look like the "Stand Alternate" version in the burrow mode.

Can anyone help me out?! It would help a lot!