• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Living Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need a spell that will dot a target and have him and every one around him explode into the air taking damage. any ideas how i could do this?

Level 7
Unit - Damage Area will damage units in the area indiscriminately.

Even if the units are allied, they will take damage.

Level 7
Just like how real Night Elves with the ability to turn into bea--

yeah, it's a game.

Make an "If/Then/Else" function, then.
Or do like this:
  • Living Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
and maybe create some special effect, too.

Level 18
So for that matter, we shouldn't bother making anything realistic anymore? There's a difference between magic for games and using illogical parts of a game...

EDIT: If you want anyone to be damaged, use the 'Unit - Damage Area'. If you only want enemies to be harmed use the 'Unit - Damage Unit', like xXMephistoXx just did.

Level 7
There's a difference between hyper-realism and allowing a few lapses in realism for gameplay balance.

End of discussion.

Level 2
Well, you could always have a trigger that, when the spell is used, a trigger puts a chaos ability on the unit, morphing it into a unit that has the [detonate] spell from wisps. Then, have the spell put a buff on enemies. Have that buff last 1 second and drain an amount of life equal to the damage you want the spell to deal. This would use less triggers, if that's what you're wanting, but I am new to mapping, so I'm not sure just how effective that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.