• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Underwater Terrain [No Poll]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well i originally wasn't gonna post, but my friend insisted, he lrelaly likes this piece. So here it is for you guys to feast your eyes on.

Pic-1 - View of whole thing, sunken ship (their always is) a whale, Basic.
Pic-2 - Closeup of the sunken ship
Pic-3 - added Moonlight, it gets cut off at the back beacause of a ridge back their, u can bearly see it.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Underwater- 1.jpg
    Underwater- 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Underwater- 2.jpg
    Underwater- 2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 387
  • Underwater- 3.jpg
    Underwater- 3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 387
Level 34
Bleh. Underwater shots hardly turn out. I even think mine suck. MadseN and Correx are the only guys I've seen pull it off.

Level 34
Here is an underwater terrain i did a while ago as an example. I stacked a shrub to look like seaweed. I thought it turned out nice. Now try and make a new one if you feel up to it. You should be able to beat mine. :p

Attachments

• UW2.jpg
    UW2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,922
Level 34
I suppose. I did this in about 10 minutes. It was just to give the example of the seaweed. I never liked doing underwater. Too hard.

I personally think it's better than yours though. No offense.

Level 34
It's about displacement. Things only sink until they displace a certain amount of water. How much displacement something has depends on surface area, and density. Wood probably wouldn't sink to there usually, but it might on occasion.

Level 9
Kaitech[SanD];475457 said:
Come to think of it, it makes it look like it's more recent. As if the ship just hit the bottom, and all the material is floating to the surface!

that too!! lol:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.