• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #17 Theme Poll

Which one will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Ohai. People were being lazy tits, so I just went ahead and did this. I took some interpretational liberties with the themes and sorted out some that were too similar to older contests, e.g. any time progression theme is too similar to the Cataclysm contest. Pick your favourite. Guess you know how this works.

NOTE: The poll is multiple choice. Choose the ones you want. Don't vote for all the options; it's a dick move and you know it.

Theme Descriptions

Alien - Participants are to portray something alien. Not necessarily the conventional meaning of the word. i.e. anything foreign, weird, strange or otherwise out of this world goes

At Sea - Participants are to portray/construct a ship at sea. Construction theme

Light/Dark - Participants are to portray two polar opposites in the same setting, e.g. good vs. evil, light vs. dark, etc

Satanism - Participants are to portray a terrain pertaining to the Devil/Satan, or in other ways pertaining to a satanistic belief, e.g. hellfire, rituals, etc

Underwater - Participants are to portray a scene lying, growing, performed, or operating below the surface of the water

Olympus - Participants are to portray their interpretation of the home of the twelve Gods from Greek mythology

Afterlife Realms - Participants are to portray their interpreation of an afterlife

Light Source - Participants are to portray a scene situated/based around/dependent on a source of light. Many sources are allowed, but only of the same type

Mists - Participants are to portray a scene laden in mist, dirt, smoke, fog, etc

Primal - Participants are to portray a terrain before time and knowledge. e.g. of ancient landmasses that defy beliefs, caverns that swallow whole cities, etc

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I won't have time for it, but I think it's on damn time we did something about a new TC. Maybe fladder, not that you haven't been dealing with any of the
other contests, could take care of it? :D
I don't have a problem with hosting, but it seems a massive amount of slack will need to be picked up by the contestants. Else I'm gonna have to start spending my life being a tit in monologue and rigging pointless online polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.