• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

List of Trigger problems =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well I know a lot more then my last post. So far my map has all the basics for a Hero arena done just need a few more things, but stuck on how to do them.

-Annual Salary
I want everyone to get gold at a constant rate like in all hero arenas. I only see how to add a salary for 1 player. Is it neccessary to make a separate event for ALL heros?

-Kills Victory/Defeat
How do I make the victory/defeat conditions? I want it 100 kills on a team = win how do i do this?

-Leaderboard
A Simple one of kills/deaths per player is fine, how to make it?

-Duels
I made the duel arena but how do I make it work? how to set the timers/other units to the stands/determine the player to duel/etc?

-Creeps
How do I add creeps in certain areas? how do I add the creeps to respawn?

-Regarding heros.
I see that the Stat ability(3 to all stats) isn't default, do I need to make a custom ability for this? And is it like makin an item with +3 to all stats?

How to I add custom damage, from what I see the damage is based on the starting primary stat, and since my stats are in the 10-30 range my damage is like mid 20s but the Health of the heros are around 700ish. Long kills and people run a lot in hero arenas XD

Range, where do I change the range of a unit, I see like 15 different things in the hero editor that say range and dont know which one is the real "length of attack range".

-Items
I'm guessing custom damage is done by stacking the +20 item damage bonus stat on an item? Example I want a 100 damage weapon would I need to add 5, +20 item Damage Bonus abilities to the item and clarify it on the tooltip? is there an easier way or is this the only/easiest way?

-Initialization
All i got is the "Turn off Fog of War/black mask" and "Melee time of day", but opening angel arena(popular hero arena) and see the initialization is REALLY loaded and dont know where to start.

Once these triggers are done, I add a few more heros and items, quick terrain changes and my map can go into beta :) thanks in advance

Level 1
Um first one yes you will have to do it for every player, though you proplby could set all the people in game to a player group called players, then set it so it gives money to each person in players group. though would take longer to do :?

But go get a older verson of angel arena or what ever its called half a sleep right now. newer ones are protected, but go look at a older verson. Pretty sure every single question you just asked will be in that. JUst look at all the triggers for it. They have dueling triggers, the gold one, leader board, certain ammout of wins then you win,creep reswpawn triggers in it. If this doesnt help then most likey nothing will :/.

And you say once this triggers are done,, and you add some more heros your map will be in beta. That pretty much is every single thing in a hero arena, other then hero selection. and just to tell its much better not to use the hero selection angel arena has, all those units causes it to lag more for slower comps. Pick one witch uses a building most likey a tarven or something. and make it so you can random.. random is the best option i say :p.

Level 4
I already did the hero selection for my heros already made.

And also for now I'm going to use angel arenas hero selection method, because I only will have 8 heros in the beta and most likely first version. I will eventually go a bit more but nothing close to AA's number(Thats humanly impossible to make triggers for like 100 heros like AA x_x)

Just a bit spoiler I made a Jurassic park hero arena so all the heros are olafmolemans Dino models. I will eventually use all of them but for now 8 of the more popular dinos.

I'll go scavenge this site for an older AA map if there is one here. I do have a map i can open but its not the original author, and its real rigged, meaning host gets max gold forever. I dont want to accedently add rigged triggers in my map so I only used the more obvious non tainted triggers.

Also how do you use the tavern method like DotA and many AOS maps? The only hero selection i read was the circle of power one since it was longest but easiest and thats why I chose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.