• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i make hero to learn a spell in a spell list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi i wanna know how to make a hero to learn a spell list, a spell list is like alot of spells stack in one menu like final fantasy forever, and i wanna know how a hero can learn a spell in the list, it seems if a hero gains a certain lvl and add alilty to hero doesnt work, cuz i have to add it in the spell list, the spell list is basly a item effect, and i can add alilty to a item, so how do i do it?

thx.

Level 3
This is quite difficulty. There are several ways to solve this problem. I list u all ways i know.

Way 1: Give the Hero another unit. Set this unit as an worker. Give that unit the spells the hero learns. Make an timer like every 5 seconds and teleport the unit to the heros location.

Way 2: Give the Hero a spellbook. Each ability needs an upgrade to be researched. If a hero learns a spell, set the upgrade to researched for the player.

The Spellbook skill can be made in the abilities toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.