• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Linksys Router Hosting!

Did this work for you?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no clue what the **** im doing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have just uncoverd how to host warcraft 3 frozen throne games using a linksys router...however this only works for the "host" computer. (the host computer is the one with the router actually attatched to it not the one recieving the packets, i havent figured that one out yet, when i do ill post it)
---------------------------------------------------
Steps:
1.) open your linksys "wireless connection status" dialog box. this can be opend by double clicking the icon in the bottom right of ur screen.
2.) once your in this dialog box pick properties in the bottom left corner. this should bring up a new dialog box with the title "wireless connection status properties" at the top.
3.) in the middle of this new dialog box you will notice some checked boxes, highlight (do not uncheck) the one that says "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
4.)After this select properties in the middle-right of the dialog box.
5.)a new dialog box will appear titled "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" Pick "Advanced" in the bottom right of the dialog box.
6.) Yet another dialog box will appear this one titled "Advanced TCP/IP Settings" in this dialog box you will notice 4 tabs at the top (Ip settings,DNS,WINS,Options)
7.) Select the "Options" tab
8.)Highlight "TCP/IP" filtering if necessary.
9.) Pick Properties (located in the middle-right of the dialog box)
10.) Uncheck the box that says "Enable TCP/IP Filtering (All Adaptors)
11.) Proceed to click ok in every dialog box till you get to the end
12.) if you did it correctly an option to restart your computer may come up, select "yes" and then wait for your computer to reboot.
13.)Open Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne
14.) Host the game as u normally would (custom games, create game, select game from list, title game name)
---------------------------------------------------

i believe this should work, i discovered it today while trying to get connection with my linksys router and i can now host games from my main computer (the one with the router not the reciever)
Please inform me if i missed any steps (which is unlikely but you never know)
Enjoy your new warcraft hosting abilities :D

Level 9
ok thank you for this topic cause i got this problem with the linksys but with the box you unchek at the end mine was already unchecked so nothing changed and i still cant host would you know why
i will vote when i cant get anymore help

Level 2
Easiest way for me to host on my Linksys is to use Port Forwarding, or just Forwarding.

You can do a search for "port forwarding linksys" for some more info.

But here's what you do:

Go into Start > Run and type ipconfig /all
then hit enter.
A bunch of stuff should come up.

Leave this window open (the command screen), just minimize it, you'll need it later.

Open up a internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar and hit enter.

A password prompt may (usually does) come up, and hopefully you know what that is. So enter your username and password and hit okay/enter.

You'll come up on a screen with a bunch of info and most likely the Setup tab will be selected. What you want to find is the Forwarding tab. Usually, if you click the Advanced tab in the top right, it will bring up some other tabs, and Forwarding will be one of them.

So click on the forwarding tab and you'll be at a screen with some text fields. The first is Customized Applications column.

In this column just enter whatever you want the application to be (just an abbrevation or whatever, it's just so you know what it is) for yours it will probably be Warcraft 3 so enter WC3 in that field.

The next two columns are the ports that will let people connect to your games. Warcraft 3 uses port 6112, so enter that in BOTH of the text fields (so it's 6112 to 6112).

Then make sure there is a check in both Protocol TCP and Protocal UDP, just to be safe.

Now open up your command window again (where you typed ipconfig /all) and look for your IP Address. You'll probably just need the section of your IP Address.

Type that in the box labeled IP Address. :)

Lastly, check the Enable box and hit Apply near the bottom.

Don't change anything else right now, you probably won't need to.

You don't need to restart, so go ahead and try hosting a game in Warcraft 3 and see if it works.

Level 9
yeh when i do the part were you type in the defult gateway in the internet explorer it comes up with this (mine is 192.168.0.1)

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer
Search button to look for similar sites.

Internet Explorer

by the way does it change anything if you dont have the computer using it or there is 3 computers using the router like the computer hosting it and 2 computers using it

Level 2
Okay, I was wrong about default gateway, I changed instructions to suit it. Apparently it is always 192.168.1.1, so enter that into your browser and go from there. Sorry bout that, been awhile... :(

EDIT:
Linksys routers are 192.168.1.1
D-Link routers are 192.168.0.1

Level 2
That's odd, the default IP address for Linksys routers is 192.168.1.1

The thing you want to enter into your address bar is your router's IP address, which is generally found in your user's manual, or you can probably look it up on the manufacturer's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.