• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Pull v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Creates a chain between the Storm Walker and the enemy, pulling the Storm Walker to the enemy. Final destination enemies takes Damage. During achieved throughout the pull enemies that are close to Storm Walker They've purge!

Level 1 - 900 casting range and deal 100 damage.
Level 2 - 1000 casting range and deal 200 damage.
Level 3 - 1200 casting range and deal 300 damage.
Level 4 - 1500 casting range and deal 400 damage.

Fixed

Keywords:
Lightning, Pull, Purge
Contents

Lightning Pull (Map)

Reviews
12.12 IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. Bribe: The "Reset" trigger leaks ;) The spell has a lot of leaks. Take advantage of the bj_wantDestroyGroup custom script over the slow group set/pick/destroy method. Really hard to...

M

IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

Bribe:

The "Reset" trigger leaks ;)

The spell has a lot of leaks.

Take advantage of the bj_wantDestroyGroup custom script over the slow group set/pick/destroy method.

Really hard to read your script, just seems really messy. Comments would be nice!

## Needs Fix ##

post triggers please.
i like the idea.

Downloading...
Testing...

Comments:
- Not MUI
- Please give the spell clarity and readability (use comments)
- Delete these variables cuz they're unused:
*LP_Destructible_Group
*LP_MP_Caster
- You leaked the group: LP_Purge_Group. You destroyed it, then set it again! When you turn off a trigger, it will execute whatever actions remain, then it will stop.

Also, remove the "Do Nothing" action.
And you didn't remove the dummies at the end, so now they just stay there and cause leaks. Please add expiration timers to them. Also, your variable declarations need to be fixed because you are repeating the native triggering unit after you set the caster variable to "triggering unit". Why not use the caster variable when you declare the others? Same thing for the "Target Point for Ability being Cast". Try not to repeatedly use natives.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible.

I can give you a 2/5 for now. If u make it MUI, I'll give u a 4/5.

One more thing, remove the useless import, and add some documentation.

hmmm....

Let's see....
I hope this version will be better.

Downloading...
Testing...

I can see u fixed everything i reported!

The only thing u didn't fix is the MUI problem. Try putting 2 of the storm spirits on the map and use the spell from both of them at the same time. You will find that the first one you targeted will be continueosly stunned and there will be lightning just suspended between that unit and a point. To make it MUI, try to store a value for each caster. When that variable reaches a certain value, the caster with that variable will stop, not by lines of code, but by changing the value of that variable to something incredibly low (-1000000000). The caster is only issued to change position if the value was 0 or more. You get it? If it was -1000000000, then he would stop changing his position! And believe me, no one will reach that value unless they continueosly use the spell for months :p

Use hashtables for this, or you can make it simple and use the "Custom Value" function.

Because you fixed many of the problems i reported, i'll give u a 3/5.

The 4/5 will come eventually. Just take my advice about the MUI, and you'll be fine. :)
gj

Level 1
Yo could somone help me, i know how to download spells but idk what to do next.... imported it didnt work

To import a spell correctly you must check a few things:
1. The triggers
2. The dummy units (if there are any)
3. The ability itself
4. imported stuff (may or may not be there)
Now once you have all of that in the same map you may still need to correct the ability conditions in the trigger.
If this didn't make sense, I'd suggest using the editor a bit longer until you know some basic triggering and know a bit about the object editor.

As for the spell itself, I like the idea... But I don't test spells that don't post the triggers. Sorry. If you post them, I'll test it.