• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Do lightning effects leak ? If so then i need help, i need a trigger similar to this one
  • Actions
    • Custom script: local effect udg_L_EFFECT
    • Set L_EFFECT = (Last created special effect)
    • Wait 2.50 game-time seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy L_EFFECT
to help me clear them yet keep the effect for a while becouse when i make
  • Lightning - Create a Finger of Death lightning effect from source (Position of (Attacked unit)) to target (Position of (Attacking unit))
  • Lightning - Destroy (Last created lightning effect)
I dont actually see the visual lightning effect, thanks in advance.

Level 2
I know thats why i need something like the trigger i use to clear my special effects. I am not sure it will work for lightning effects there might be something different and i dont wonna leak cuz my map is alrdy kinda lagging :) I also dont want to use the wait command in the spell trigger cuz it tends to mess up.

Level 11
Actually the exact same trigger that works for special effects works for lightning. All you need to do is change "local effect" to "local lightning" and obviously you should set the variable to the last created lightning. The wait time should be adjusted for how long you want to see the lightning before it disappears. Finally say Destroy Lightning instead of Destroy Special Effect. And you're set!

Status
Not open for further replies.